Question Status

Verified
NJC1 asked a question on 10 Oct 2013 3:50 AM

I want to send an e-mail via a workflow that includes a case owner and one specific individual (always the same person) in the BCC field. It appears that I can't add both dynamic and "hard-coded" values to the same field - am I missing something?

Suggested Answer
Sumit Bhatnagar responded on 10 Oct 2013 9:37 AM

Hi...

Yes, you may use static values or dynamic values in your workflow. Use "send email" step to create an email activity.  Your outgoing profile would decide the process of the email (created through workflow) processing i.e. through outlook or email router.

thanks.

Regards,

Suumit Bhatanagar

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 10 Oct 2013 11:14 AM

Hi There,

it can be easily done. Create a workflow on case; add a step 'send email' create ur message.

from the right navigation, add dynamic values to the 'To' lookup and static to  ur Bcc. below is a screenshot:

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

NJC1 responded on 10 Oct 2013 1:58 PM

Sorry my question was can I have both a static value and a dynamic value in the same field (both in BCC for instance)?

Verified Answer
Karthik Srinivasan responded on 10 Oct 2013 6:14 PM

Unfortunately, it isn't possible through OOB Workflows. You will have to develop a custom workflow activity for this :(

Thanks,

Karth

Verified Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 10 Oct 2013 9:04 PM

its not possible in standard workflows, you will have to manage between cc & Bcc fields or else you can design a custom workflow activity

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

NJC1 responded on 11 Oct 2013 3:06 AM

Thanks.

Verified Answer
Karthik Srinivasan responded on 10 Oct 2013 6:14 PM

Unfortunately, it isn't possible through OOB Workflows. You will have to develop a custom workflow activity for this :(

Thanks,

Karth

Verified Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 10 Oct 2013 9:04 PM

its not possible in standard workflows, you will have to manage between cc & Bcc fields or else you can design a custom workflow activity

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Suggested Answer
Sumit Bhatnagar responded on 10 Oct 2013 9:37 AM

Hi...

Yes, you may use static values or dynamic values in your workflow. Use "send email" step to create an email activity.  Your outgoing profile would decide the process of the email (created through workflow) processing i.e. through outlook or email router.

thanks.

Regards,

Suumit Bhatanagar

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 10 Oct 2013 11:14 AM

Hi There,

it can be easily done. Create a workflow on case; add a step 'send email' create ur message.

from the right navigation, add dynamic values to the 'To' lookup and static to  ur Bcc. below is a screenshot:

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla