Send e-mail via workflow - static and dynamic recipients in BCC field

Send e-mail via workflow - static and dynamic recipients in BCC field

This question is answered

I want to send an e-mail via a workflow that includes a case owner and one specific individual (always the same person) in the BCC field. It appears that I can't add both dynamic and "hard-coded" values to the same field - am I missing something?

Verified Answer
  • Unfortunately, it isn't possible through OOB Workflows. You will have to develop a custom workflow activity for this :(

Thanks,

Karth

• its not possible in standard workflows, you will have to manage between cc & Bcc fields or else you can design a custom workflow activity

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

All Replies
  • Hi...

Yes, you may use static values or dynamic values in your workflow. Use "send email" step to create an email activity.  Your outgoing profile would decide the process of the email (created through workflow) processing i.e. through outlook or email router.

thanks.

Regards,

Suumit Bhatanagar

• Hi There,

it can be easily done. Create a workflow on case; add a step 'send email' create ur message.

from the right navigation, add dynamic values to the 'To' lookup and static to  ur Bcc. below is a screenshot:

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

• Sorry my question was can I have both a static value and a dynamic value in the same field (both in BCC for instance)?

• Unfortunately, it isn't possible through OOB Workflows. You will have to develop a custom workflow activity for this :(

Thanks,

Karth

• its not possible in standard workflows, you will have to manage between cc & Bcc fields or else you can design a custom workflow activity

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

• Thanks.