Error: unable to get property 'getvalue' of undefined or null reference

Error: unable to get property 'getvalue' of undefined or null reference

This question is not answered

Thank you in advance!!!

Our CRM was finally updated 2 days ago and for cases, we keep getting this error message:

Field: Window

Event: Onload

Error:unable to get property 'getvalue' of undefined or null reference

I have been looking through the web and there have been a couple of suggestions. Mainly it was about disabling form assistant. However, that did not work.

The error message is quite annoying since it keeps coming up every time the support user is opening or saving a case.

I really appreciate for any opinion!

All Replies
  • Check if you are anywhere trying get attribute value on page load event. It should be Xrm.Page.getAttribute(“CRMFieldSchemaName”).getValue()   and not getvalue().

v is capital in getValue()

Thanks,

Vijay Waghmare

• Hi Vijay,

Thank you for your suggestion!

Sorry for my ignorance, but I am actually not sure how to find that scipt. I am using CRM online and do not use any developer kit.

Thanks,

Elaine

• Hello Elaine,

Do you have any scripts running on the case form. You can verify this by following below steps.

Navigate to Settings >> Customization >> Customize the system >> On the left, expand the case entity >> Click on Form to open Form customization >> On the ribbon you will see an option "Form Properties", click on it. Check for any scripts in the form library. Try removing the script to see if the issue persists.

Best Regards,

Shahid S

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Support Engineer

• HI Shahid,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have actually done that, however I do not have any script on load. I have also contacted CRM Support.

They suggested to use the information form and replicate it. It went well, however, they also explained that I can't add the activity feed wall into it (posts, activity, notes). Hence, I tried creating a new main form, however that only created a copy of the original main form that has the error.

Do you know how to add the activity feed wall into the form? I remember that previously it was just adding the "record wall" webresource. However, now it just looks like the "What's New" post wall.

Thank you for your help!

Elaine

• You can make use of IE Developer Toolbar for JavaScript debug. This will help you to find out where exactly JS is failing.

Refer Below URLs for help

blogs.msdn.com/.../debugging-javascript-with-the-ie-developer-tools.aspx

msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg589507(VS.85).aspx

Thanks,

Vijay waghmare