CRM 4.0---Status Column ignored in an import

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hi Guys,

I was trying to update a dropdown list field called "Status" , but after I exported that to excel(I checked re-import option) and made the changes, when I'm importing the csv file back I got an error message says Status Column is ignored, column not valid for create/update.

All other fields could be updated through import. Now I can only edit Status field one by one in advanced find.

Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this problem?

All Replies
  • Right, you can not set the status of a record during the import process.  You can change it via a workflow.  if you have a group of records in a view, you can run a workflow on all of them or you can use a SSIS tool like KingswaySoft or Scribe to make the updates.

Best Regards, Donna

CRM Architect, Hitachi Solutions

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Microsoft CRM MVP | Rockstar 365

• Thank you Donna

But I'm not familiar with how to set up workflow or Scribe in CRM 4.0, could you tell me how to do that in detail?

• Trying to provide the step by step details for each would be quite time consuming.  I wish I had enough time in the day to do that but unfortunately I don't.

Below are some articles that should help you get started.  You could also reach out to a Dynamics CRM Partner who can quickly help you get this implemented or reach out to Daniel Cai and ask about his SSIS integration tool.

dynamic-crm.com/crm-dynamics-workflow

http://www.kingswaysoft.com/

Best Regards, Donna

CRM Architect, Hitachi Solutions

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Microsoft CRM MVP | Rockstar 365

• Donna-Thank you very much. I'll read through these articles