Associated Views not working for Marketing Lists

This question is answered

When looking at a Marketing List then from the navigation selecting Marketing > Quick Campaigns, the default view is Quick Campaigns Associated View. When selecting a campaign receive Error page, Error has occurred. Tested the other views and all work except for the BulkOperations Associated View, receive the same error when opening. Looking into each view and the dependencies, both are missing the Activity / activityid dependency.

Not sure how this happened. A couple of months ago completed the upgrade from CRM 4 to CRM 2011 RU13. Not sure if the issue was there before the upgrade. Wondering if reapplying RU 13 will resolve the issue or if there is another way to add the Activityid dependency.

Verified Answer
  • Dear Brian,

I work for Microsoft Support Services.

Fortunately, I solved yesterday a similar case with another customer. The problem is that the FetchXML column in the SavedQueryBase table has got corrupted and is missing the activityID attribute.

You can check it with this query:

Select SavedQueryIdUnique,* from SavedQueryBase

I cannot give you instructions in this post to solve it, as it implies a modification of the database, which is only supported under the supervision of a Microsoft representative in the context of a Support Ticket.

Please create a support incident with us and mention my name (Luism). We will provide you the solution and set the case as free of charge.

Kind regards

All Replies
  • Dear Brian,

I work for Microsoft Support Services.

Fortunately, I solved yesterday a similar case with another customer. The problem is that the FetchXML column in the SavedQueryBase table has got corrupted and is missing the activityID attribute.

You can check it with this query:

Select SavedQueryIdUnique,* from SavedQueryBase

I cannot give you instructions in this post to solve it, as it implies a modification of the database, which is only supported under the supervision of a Microsoft representative in the context of a Support Ticket.

Please create a support incident with us and mention my name (Luism). We will provide you the solution and set the case as free of charge.

Kind regards

• Hi Luism,

I would be happy to open a ticket, however I'm not sure that it will be needed. When I run the query you mention above, there are two items returned for the Quick Campaign Associated View and there are also two items returned for the BulkOperations Associated View. If I run the same query against another company database, only one item is returned for both.

In the FetchXml column I can see which one has the activityid attribute. Could this be resolved by deleting the incorrect view from the SavedQueryBase table?

Thank you.

• After looking at the query results a little further, realized that removing one of the items will not resolve the issue. Can you tell me how to open a Support Ticket? I tried to go through the Support link at the top of the page and haven't been able to find anything that lets me open a ticket.

Thank you.

• Dear Brian, you are actually close to the good path towards the solution, however I'm not allowed to post here more data about changes done to the database, as that's unsupported unless a Support Technician is present when the change is made. I hope you understand that I can not leave here instructions to change something in the database that other users follow without a clear understanding of what they are doing, and break something unintentionally.

To create a case, there are two ways: doing it online at microsoft.com/support, or by phone, calling the Microsoft Customer Care phone in your country. Please note you will be asked for prepay the incident, however the support representative that takes the case will refund it after that.

I'm very sorry for not being able to go further in this post. Hope the reasons I've explained make sense.

Thanks and regards!