I tried to create new marketing list and add my selected contacts to it. But everytime i chose Contact in “targeted at” field, all the active contacts are automatically added in this list. When i chose account or lead in "target at" field it is totally ok and i can manage members, but only for contacts. What could be the reason? there is no activated workflow or something which automatically add all active contacts in marketing list.
Thanks in advance
Is this a CRM 2013 or CRM 2011? I'm not able to reproduce this issue on my default CRM 2013 environment.
We are also having the same problem. When my users create a new marketing list and select Contact as the "target", the list auto-populates with all of their active contacts. We are using CRM 2013 online. Can't find any 2013 support documentation on this. Thanks!
I was able to reproduce this issue in my environment and to resolve it follow the below step.
1. Open a Marketing List record and click on the Ellipses (...)
2. Click on Form.
3. This will open the Main Information form where you can customize.
4. Click on the 'Contact' List on the 'Members' section.
5. Switch off the View Selector. Click on Set. (Also make sure the Default view is selected to something that do not show up any contact records).
6. Save and Publish the customization.
Your issue should now be resolved.
Hope the above steps helped workaround the issue.
Is there anymore questions on this?