CRM 2013 - Opportunities - Cannot associate a Competitor with an Open Opportunity

CRM 2013 - Opportunities - Cannot associate a Competitor with an Open Opportunity

This question has suggested answer(s)
While in an Opportunity record I am trying associate existing competitors to the Opportunity, I can get the lookup to appear but once I select a Competitor is does not associate with the record. I do not receive any type of error message. I can to the Competitor entity and link the Opportunity that way. I am logged in as a System Admin so it should not be a security issue. Has anyone seen this If yes how do I fix it? Thanks
All Replies
  • Hi Karen,

Is this a CRM Online or a CRM On Premise environment (also can you please share with us what is the build number of your installation + the method you are accessing the application - CRM for Outlook client or via web browser(please specify the browser and it's version).

Your possible culprit could be your browser restrictive settings or some 3rd party software. Can you try to perform this action with another browser/from another computer (in order to rule out browser or environmental issues)

In addition to that the more technical approach would be to enable verbose tracing (Option 1 / Option 2 ) /capture a Fiddler trace to see if your request is received by the server and there is a response from it.

If you need help with the above approach I would recommend you open a Support Ticket with us and have someone take a closer look at your issue.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities

Cezar Lozici

Support Engineer

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

• Thanks for response.

We are using CRM On Premise, Build 6.0.1.61 - via web browser.  Internet Explorer version 11.0.9600.16476.  Our client is using IE version 9 and have the same issue

We will turn on the trace to see if we can figure out what is going on