Question Status

Verified
mfairouz asked a question on 25 Mar 2014 4:37 AM

Dear, 

i just found an issue after finish installing CRM 2011 yest., i look  around and tried all the suggested solutions for my issue but nothing help so far. 

i hope to find someone here who are willing to help solve this issue. 

when opening Activity form ( Task , email .... ) o popup show with the following error. 

Field:window

Event:onload

Error: object doesn't support property or method form_onload

kindly note that i dont have any jscript or customization - as i said before its just a fresh install. (so there is nothing under Event Handler or libraries) 

i tried to repair/reinstall Microsoft URL rewrite - debugging tool (show nothing) - updating to latest rollup 16. 

SQL 2008 R2 Standard edition. 

Client: windows 7 32 bit

thanks in advance, 

regards, 

Fairouz

ds83 responded on 25 Mar 2014 5:40 AM

This might be browser related issue. Hence can you please test this on different browser?

If this is not related with the browser then you need to check the following things.

Open IIS on your CRM server and select CRM website and check modules. 

Check if no RewriteModule is listed in the list and is not associated with DLL: %SystemRoot%\System32\Inetsrv\rewrite.dll. Then

Repair or Reinstall the URL RewriteModule:

The installation msi for the Microsoft URL RewriteModule can be found within the CRM server installation media under a folder called UrlRewriteModule. The file is called rewrite_1.1_amd64_rtw.

After that restart the CRM Server after reinstalling the module.

Please let me know if this helps you? 

Thanks!

Dev

mfairouz responded on 25 Mar 2014 9:54 AM

Hi, 

thanks for your reply, 

i already test it with IE9, IE10 , chrome & firefox ... all brwoser popup the same issue. 

i didnt get excatlly what you mean in the second part of your msg, but i check IIS manager - modules and found RewriteModule exisit there and  associated with DLL: %SystemRoot%\System32\Inetsrv\rewrite.dll

appreciate your support. 

thanks, 

Fairouz

mfairouz responded on 25 Mar 2014 12:16 PM

anyone have an idea about this issue or how to find out what cause this error please help.

Scott Durow responded on 25 Mar 2014 1:47 PM

Hi,

It sounds like some of the system scripts are not being loaded correctly if this is a fresh install. Try installing Fiddler2 and look for any red requests in the left panel.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

ds83 responded on 25 Mar 2014 10:24 PM

It seems that there is some issue on the Form customization of Task, or Email entity. Below I have given the System script for the Email. You can follow the same for Task and other entities as well.

Create a solution and add only email entity as a component in that. And download that solution. After that extract the solution's zip file, and edit customizations.xml file.

There you need to search for below XML.

<events>

<event name="onload" application="true" active="true">

<InternalHandlers>

<Handler functionName="Mscrm.Form_onload" libraryName="Email_main_system_library.js" handlerUniqueId="ecdfe4d8-d6d3-4d21-ab68-8ea75bb30a79" enabled="true" />

</InternalHandlers>

</event>

</events>

<clientresources>

<internalresources>

<clientincludes>

<internaljscriptfile src="$webresource:Email_main_system_library.js" />

</clientincludes>

</internalresources>

</clientresources>

In the above snippet, I have given the Event and System library for Email entity. And the library is "$webresource:Email_main_system_library.js" , can you please check in the customization of Email entity, for this library under the "clientincludes" tag? This might be an issue.

If this library is not exist there then you can modify the customization of the email entity, zip all files i.e.[Content_Types].xml, customizations.xml, solution.xml and import that zip again in CRM. After Publishing the customizations, it should eliminate the onload error on Email.

And for other entities like Task, you need to download the blank and working customization of the Task and identify the name of the System library.

Please let me know if this resolve your issue?

Thanks!

Dev

mfairouz responded on 26 Mar 2014 1:26 AM

Hi,

i already check the http request using Fiddler but didnt find any thing below a screen shot for review.

anyway i just double check again i found that this error popup windows only shows on Activity: (Email, Task, Fax, Recurring Appointment) other activities works fine without any issue.

any other suggestion to find out what cause this popup window? 

thanks and appreciate your support,

Fairouz

ds83 responded on 26 Mar 2014 2:51 AM

Can you please review the form customization of Email entity, as I mentioned above?

One of our customer faced this kind of issue, then we found that "clientincludes" was missing there.

<clientincludes>

<internaljscriptfile src="$webresource:Email_main_system_library.js" />

</clientincludes>

This might be a cause in your case.

Thanks!

Dev

mfairouz responded on 26 Mar 2014 9:26 AM

Dear DS83,

thanks for the great support, i will check it today and let you if this fix my issue.

thanks alot again

mfairouz responded on 26 Mar 2014 10:28 AM

Dear, 

when iam trying to create a new solution i got many many popup error's similar to the previous above please check the attached screen shots

i tried to re install SQL server and CRM 2011 but still have the same issues !! 

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!266

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!267

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!268

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!269

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!270

redir?resid=2497B00649064D42!271

is there any solution for this, or any other way to know what cause this problem - as i trun server trace on but didt see any error logged. 

appreciate your support, and sorry for all of this 

Regards, 

Fairouz 

Verified Answer
ds83 responded on 29 Mar 2014 5:09 AM

Sorry for delay, last 3 days was very busy.

I checked your screens and seems that script handlers are properly added.

one of our customer was getting same issue, then we had manually modified the FormXML and fixed the issue.

Hence in your case it seems something else issue.

As you had already installed CRM many times :), hence I would suggest to install once more.

at this time please check all the pre-requisite of the CRM 2011 installed specially related to IIS.

Then install CRM 2011 and before installing any Rollup please check if you are getting any issue. if you will not get any issue then install UR 12 not 16 and check again if you get any issue. hence please do not install directly UR 16.

Also can you please let me know the version that which Windows & SQL server you are using? so I can try to replicate this issue at our end.

mfairouz responded on 2 Apr 2014 5:44 AM

Dear,

thanks a lot for your support and suggestions, after a couple of weeks of investigate this issue. I found that there is a missing files (for some reason!!!!!! ) from the ISO image as I notice that the size for the iso image iam using (downloaded from Microsoft website) around 600 and the image from Microsoft website around 877.

so I just download a new copy from the website site and reinstall everything - for now it looks working fine FINALLY !

thanks a lot and appreciate your support

Best regards,

Fairouz

Verified Answer
ds83 responded on 29 Mar 2014 5:09 AM

Sorry for delay, last 3 days was very busy.

I checked your screens and seems that script handlers are properly added.

one of our customer was getting same issue, then we had manually modified the FormXML and fixed the issue.

Hence in your case it seems something else issue.

As you had already installed CRM many times :), hence I would suggest to install once more.

at this time please check all the pre-requisite of the CRM 2011 installed specially related to IIS.

Then install CRM 2011 and before installing any Rollup please check if you are getting any issue. if you will not get any issue then install UR 12 not 16 and check again if you get any issue. hence please do not install directly UR 16.

Also can you please let me know the version that which Windows & SQL server you are using? so I can try to replicate this issue at our end.