Question Status

Suggested Answer
vgow asked a question on 25 Mar 2014 5:42 PM

Hi community,

I'm unable to follow any users or other entities as expected. The follow option is greyed out after selecting a user and attempting to follow them.  Any idea how to get this enabled? I have the role of Sys Admin so assume I should already get the necessary access?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Pramod Modvathodi responded on 25 Mar 2014 6:40 PM

Can you please check in your post configuration if the records are enabled? I think this may help.

Suggested Answer
Pramod Modvathodi responded on 25 Mar 2014 6:40 PM

Can you please check in your post configuration if the records are enabled? I think this may help.

vgow responded on 25 Mar 2014 9:38 PM

I'm specifically trying to follow another user - as system admin within the same business unit as the user I should be able to do this. I checked the post config settings following your advice and confirmed that the systemuser entity is 'activated' for post configurations. Do I need to assign the 'activity feeds' security role? Any other ideas would help

Pramod Modvathodi responded on 25 Mar 2014 11:09 PM

Since you are system administrator you will have full privilege. So I don't think that it is a security role issue. It is something about configuration or browser related.

I am assuming that you are using crm 2013.

vgow responded on 26 Mar 2014 1:56 AM

Yes it is CRM 2013 on premise with the 90-day trial version. I will confirm what type of browser it is. I don't know what other configurations I should make as I'm system admin - will continue investigating

Pramod Modvathodi responded on 26 Mar 2014 2:53 AM

I have created a online trial now and able to follow user. I am using google chrome as browser.

Can you check what is the version number? this can be checked by clicking on the settings-> about button( which is on the top right corner near to the user image)