Question Status

Unanswered
Baba_Yao asked a question on 26 Mar 2014 10:05 AM

We have noticed a lot of IIS error 500 in our environment after upgrading our CRM servers to rollup 15 and a week later we upgraded the Outlook Add-in to the same. We are seeing these sync errors which are reflected on the network where the network traffic has tripled since this change was made on the server end.

The only thing that fixes is re-configuring on the client side. When re-configuring the client, CRM pushes out about 5 SDF files (SQL Compact Files) and with the newer files it clears out the errors and drops the network traffic.

Has anyone come across this issue in their environment and know what causes this specific condition? I am afraid this has become a manual process where we have to re-sync the clients an we have over 2000 users.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Richards responded on 31 Mar 2014 5:46 PM

I would start by enabling CRM client tracing as well as CRM server side tracing to see if there are any errors during the synchronization process that happens by default every 15 minutes. Another thing I would look at is if disabling Automatic Email Tagging stops this issue from occurring. Tagging and tracing are configured under Diagnostics for CRM under the start menu

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Aaron Richards
Sr. Support Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Aaron Richards responded on 31 Mar 2014 5:47 PM

I would start by enabling CRM client tracing as well as CRM server side tracing to see if there are any errors during the synchronization process that happens by default every 15 minutes. Another thing I would look at is if disabling Automatic Email Tagging stops this issue from occurring. Tagging and tracing are configured under Diagnostics for CRM under the start menu

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Aaron Richards
Sr. Support Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM