Question Status

Suggested Answer
Kar Poh Chong asked a question on 26 Mar 2014 7:59 PM

Hi Guys,

I having problem to add a button on the sub-grid using RibbonWorkBench2013. The sub-grid that I referring to is actually the grid view that appear in a form not the association view that showing full function. For your info, the button appeared in the association view but not in the sub-grid that on the form.

Suggested Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 27 Mar 2014 6:34 AM

I don't believe you can do this - If Scott (creator of Ribbon Workbench and master of all things ribbon) says it can't be done then it probably can't.

See his post here (item 3): http://develop1.net/public/post/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-Command-Bar.aspx

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 28 Mar 2014 2:58 AM

Hi,

You can Customise the command (keeping the ID the same) but you can't add a new command, change the buttons or add a new button.

I believe that this is part of the "deliberate constraint" design principle so that the user interface isn't crowded by lots of buttons that could confuse the user (a common criticism of CRM2011). A consistent user interface is the goal so that the user knows if they want to get to more commands they need to open the full screen associated subgrid.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Suggested Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 27 Mar 2014 6:34 AM

I don't believe you can do this - If Scott (creator of Ribbon Workbench and master of all things ribbon) says it can't be done then it probably can't.

See his post here (item 3): http://develop1.net/public/post/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-new-Command-Bar.aspx

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Kar Poh Chong responded on 27 Mar 2014 8:06 PM

Thanks for the info. But it did says "overriding the 'Add' and 'Delete' command" is it means overriding on top of the existing command or replacing it with new command. I tried to replacing the command but it wont show, so I assume that he actually referring to the existing command?

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 28 Mar 2014 2:58 AM

Hi,

You can Customise the command (keeping the ID the same) but you can't add a new command, change the buttons or add a new button.

I believe that this is part of the "deliberate constraint" design principle so that the user interface isn't crowded by lots of buttons that could confuse the user (a common criticism of CRM2011). A consistent user interface is the goal so that the user knows if they want to get to more commands they need to open the full screen associated subgrid.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Kar Poh Chong responded on 30 Mar 2014 9:00 PM

Thanks Scott for the tips. Now I am checking how I going to customise the command. I will need to export the JS file to edit, am I right?