Question Status

Suggested Answer
Andrew Ciccarelli asked a question on 14 May 2014 3:22 PM

Hello, I exported an xml file of users from a CRM 2011 environment. I imported this xml file of users into a CRM 2013 environment. The import wizard said that the job completed successfully. When I double-click on the job to open it, the common group in the left nav area has 3 nav items:

* Users Fully Imported
* Users Partially Imported
* Failures

No information is displayed for any of these groups. This seems unusual because each processed import record should fall into 1 of these categories. Any idea why no information is displayed for any of the users in the import xml file in any of these groups?

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 23 May 2014 1:02 PM

Hi Andrew,

Can you check the total processed? If 0 and because you are from re-importing feature, maybe you don't do any update? Because last time I got report from my customer, says they re-import more than 250 records, but nothing imported, then when take a look, the Total Processed was 0, then when I was asking back them, the Admin says that, no update, just re-import it in case got any update.

So, the CRM can do their own checking, if no field was changed, then it will not trigger any update, CRM has their own mechanism to compare the preImage, TargetEntity, and PostEntity if you are talking about our plugin concept.

Hope it hels.

CRM GURU responded on 15 May 2014 6:41 AM

Hi Andrew,

I see that you are exporting it as xml, but how? is that by selecting "Make this data available for re-importing by including required column headings" ?

Why is that you are looking for this approach while you have create multiple users available in CRM ( at the moment I am not sure if import can be used as a method to create users but I can confirm you once I have the answer for the above question.

And to answer your question why it is not logged the information in any of these 3 categories is becaused it has not qualified any of those records in the import for processing, so you should be seeing the "Total processed" column to be zero which is expected behavior.

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 23 May 2014 1:02 PM

Hi Andrew,

Can you check the total processed? If 0 and because you are from re-importing feature, maybe you don't do any update? Because last time I got report from my customer, says they re-import more than 250 records, but nothing imported, then when take a look, the Total Processed was 0, then when I was asking back them, the Admin says that, no update, just re-import it in case got any update.

So, the CRM can do their own checking, if no field was changed, then it will not trigger any update, CRM has their own mechanism to compare the preImage, TargetEntity, and PostEntity if you are talking about our plugin concept.

Hope it hels.