Question Status

Verified
Mary GH asked a question on 14 Jun 2014 8:43 AM

Hi, I need your help. In a workflow I have 2 steps:

1. Create queue item (for the opportunity) : queue = {default queue (owning user)} ; queue item = {opportunity}

2. Wait condition : in 1st step created queue item worked by  = "the users, whose manager is  John Smith"

I don't know how to write this condition, I don't want to manually select all the users (by their names) whose manager is John Smith

Thanks in advance.

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 15 Jun 2014 7:36 PM

Hi I think in this case you have to create two separated workflow since your workflow is work and run under Opportunity entity.

But, in CRM you will be limited only can afford up to one level, so you cannot have :

created queue item worked by  = "the users, whose manager is  John Smith"

You only can get : created queue item worked by is John Smith, cannot up to the manager.

Now, you have to create a workflow which run under Queue Item as primary entity, you can create child workflow to be called in your step 2 or you create a workflow triggered after step 1 (it means create a workflow after Queue Item was created)

In this case I give you Child Workflow

And here is the Wait condition:

Then back to your first workflow (Opportunity workflow),

Remove this step Wait Condition,

Instead, changing this step to call your Child Workflow

Hopefully it helps and I captured what you want.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 15 Jun 2014 7:36 PM

Hi I think in this case you have to create two separated workflow since your workflow is work and run under Opportunity entity.

But, in CRM you will be limited only can afford up to one level, so you cannot have :

created queue item worked by  = "the users, whose manager is  John Smith"

You only can get : created queue item worked by is John Smith, cannot up to the manager.

Now, you have to create a workflow which run under Queue Item as primary entity, you can create child workflow to be called in your step 2 or you create a workflow triggered after step 1 (it means create a workflow after Queue Item was created)

In this case I give you Child Workflow

And here is the Wait condition:

Then back to your first workflow (Opportunity workflow),

Remove this step Wait Condition,

Instead, changing this step to call your Child Workflow

Hopefully it helps and I captured what you want.

Thanks!