Question Status

Suggested Answer
Courtney Presley asked a question on 25 Jul 2014 8:55 AM

Hello,  I understand that you can create and edit a Dashboard to be personalized to what you want to see from different entities/views.  Is it possible when creating a new dashboard to be able to add a field that allows attachments/PDF's to be uploaded right onto the dashboard and then shows the list of attachments?

We have 11 captains who send out weekly emails with Reports (from Excel).  Instead of emailing the reports we would like to upload the reports to a Dashboard where people can go right to the dashboard on their own and open the Excel files.

Thank you,

Courtney Presley

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 25 Jul 2014 2:46 PM

Hi Courtney,

I have similar requirement before, not exactly the same, but the point is users want to download the notice (in document files) from dashboard. I did both ways, simple customization through Dashboard customization and complex customization through Silverlight development as well.

But, I try to not create another Silverlight.

Can you check this blog whether it is suitable or not for your requirement.

missdynamicscrm.blogspot.com/.../displaying-files-documents-attachment-list-in-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-2013-Dashboard.html

Hope it helps!

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
cternek responded on 25 Jul 2014 3:15 PM

I think the easiest way would be to add a webresource to your Dashboard. This Webresource points to a Sharepoint List./Site or Location

br

Christian 

br,

Christian Ternek

www.mscrm-addons.com

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 25 Jul 2014 2:46 PM

Hi Courtney,

I have similar requirement before, not exactly the same, but the point is users want to download the notice (in document files) from dashboard. I did both ways, simple customization through Dashboard customization and complex customization through Silverlight development as well.

But, I try to not create another Silverlight.

Can you check this blog whether it is suitable or not for your requirement.

missdynamicscrm.blogspot.com/.../displaying-files-documents-attachment-list-in-Microsoft-Dynamics-CRM-2011-2013-Dashboard.html

Hope it helps!

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
cternek responded on 25 Jul 2014 3:15 PM

I think the easiest way would be to add a webresource to your Dashboard. This Webresource points to a Sharepoint List./Site or Location

br

Christian 

br,

Christian Ternek

www.mscrm-addons.com