Question Status

Verified
Celeste.Hasselbach asked a question on 19 Aug 2014 10:09 AM

I have a production environment using CRM 2013 with Update Rollup 2 and a development environment with 2013 SP1.  Can I import the organization from CRM 2013 UR2 into the environment that has 2013 SP1?

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 19 Aug 2014 12:09 PM

Hi,

Yes, you can install the solution from UR2 into SP1. The other way round you would need to export the solution and select target 6.0.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Celeste.Hasselbach responded on 19 Aug 2014 4:16 PM

I realize I can install a solution from UR2 into SP1, but what about importing an organization that was created in UR2 into SP1?

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 19 Aug 2014 5:34 PM

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 SP1 includes all updates that are contained in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Update Rollup 2 and also contains new updates. So you should be able to import organization without any issues.

Just to mention Service Pack 1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 cannot be uninstalled from the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server to roll back the program to the previous version.

support.microsoft.com/.../2941390

Chitra

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 20 Aug 2014 1:32 AM

Yes, you can import the org which will then give you the opportunity to upgrade the database from deployment manager to the latest version.

Scott Durow

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 23 Aug 2014 12:11 PM

When you import organization database that does not have SP1 to sp1 installed deployment , crm automatically applies new updates to the date base. However you can control this by setting OptinProvisioningEnabled to 0 using deployment power shell settings.

You can find more about this settings here..

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2014/08/21/creating-a-new-organization-in-crm-2013-sp1-without-service-enhancements-already-enabled.aspx

Chitra

Celeste.Hasselbach responded on 28 Aug 2014 8:14 AM

Good information - thanks!

Celeste.Hasselbach responded on 28 Aug 2014 8:16 AM

Thank you, this worked.

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 20 Aug 2014 1:32 AM

Yes, you can import the org which will then give you the opportunity to upgrade the database from deployment manager to the latest version.

Scott Durow

Verified Answer
Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 23 Aug 2014 12:11 PM

When you import organization database that does not have SP1 to sp1 installed deployment , crm automatically applies new updates to the date base. However you can control this by setting OptinProvisioningEnabled to 0 using deployment power shell settings.

You can find more about this settings here..

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/archive/2014/08/21/creating-a-new-organization-in-crm-2013-sp1-without-service-enhancements-already-enabled.aspx

Chitra

Suggested Answer
Scott Durow responded on 19 Aug 2014 12:09 PM

Hi,

Yes, you can install the solution from UR2 into SP1. The other way round you would need to export the solution and select target 6.0.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow