Question Status

Verified
Tsei Tsei asked a question on 21 Aug 2014 2:40 AM

So how can I remove a button using Ribbon workbench editor. When I right click the button I want to delete, I can't choose the option. Also hiding won't work either.

See the picture.

Suggested Answer
Deepak N responded on 21 Aug 2014 4:33 AM

This may help you -> www.youtube.com/watch

Tsei Tsei responded on 21 Aug 2014 4:47 AM

No, just want to remove the button which I did.

Suggested Answer
Deepak N responded on 21 Aug 2014 5:22 AM

Sorry, I'm just a beginner in CRM.

I searched for some solution to your question from web, Please check whether the below idea works:

You might try to use the Ribbon Workbench (www.develop1.net/.../Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx)

This should give you a full list of elements (in the Solution Elements) panel that are customised and allow you to delete/uncustomise them.

It's also worth remembering that the group could have been added to the application ribbon - or they could be in a managed solution - in which case you won't be able to delete them without editing the application ribbon or deleting the managed solution respectively.

Tsei Tsei responded on 21 Aug 2014 5:38 AM

No problem.

But I am using Ribbon workbench editor.

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 23 Aug 2014 11:10 AM

Hi,

You simply need to select 'UnCustomise Button'

The delete is greyed out because it is only used when the button is a child element of another customised element.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Tsei Tsei responded on 25 Aug 2014 2:00 AM

Thanks. Now I managed to get the button away.

I think there were problems with the Ribbon Work Bench solution and/or browser related problems.  I reinstalled the Ribbon Work Bench solution and now everything is working.

Saravanakumar VE responded on 25 Aug 2014 3:00 AM

Please follow the steps mentioned in the below link

ribbonworkbench.uservoice.com/.../71374-1-getting-started-with-the-ribbon-workbench

Saravanakumar.VE

Verified Answer
Scott Durow responded on 23 Aug 2014 11:10 AM

Hi,

You simply need to select 'UnCustomise Button'

The delete is greyed out because it is only used when the button is a child element of another customised element.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow

Read my Blog   |  Follow Me on Twitter  |  Rockstar365

Suggested Answer
Deepak N responded on 21 Aug 2014 4:33 AM

This may help you -> www.youtube.com/watch

Suggested Answer
Deepak N responded on 21 Aug 2014 5:22 AM

Sorry, I'm just a beginner in CRM.

I searched for some solution to your question from web, Please check whether the below idea works:

You might try to use the Ribbon Workbench (www.develop1.net/.../Ribbon-Workbench-for-Dynamics-CRM-2011.aspx)

This should give you a full list of elements (in the Solution Elements) panel that are customised and allow you to delete/uncustomise them.

It's also worth remembering that the group could have been added to the application ribbon - or they could be in a managed solution - in which case you won't be able to delete them without editing the application ribbon or deleting the managed solution respectively.