Question Status

Suggested Answer
Braden asked a question on 2 Sep 2014 7:47 AM

Hello to everyone on the CRM Forum,

I manage a sales force of individuals who work closely with the medical profession throughout the U.S.

Many opportunities and leads are generated on a daily basis by the sales force.

Senior Management(SM)  would like the ability to analyze the CRM data on a regular basis by state, by sales individual to determine the efficiency of the salesforce and whether they are maximising their use of the CRM product e.g. how quickly are appointments being made, closed, follow ups, generation of leads etc.

SM are not very tech savvy so do not want to have to interact with the CRM product itself. I am looking at other ways to provide this info to them. I would like to be able to give them data that they can use themselves, play around with it, create graphs, charts etc.

Having done some research, I believe that my options might be to extract the CRM data into an SQL table or extract the data into Excel.

Maybe to use SSIS to do an ETL of the data from CRM into SQL/EXcel and then SSRS to produce the reports? (I have no experience of using SSIS/SSRS but I dont think that they would be too difficult to use??)

So , I am really looking for guidance as to how to proceed with my extraction of data.

Many thanks for reading my request and have a nice day !

Braden

Chitrarasan Duraisamy responded on 2 Sep 2014 8:16 AM

You could use Power excel with Odata as datasource to pull data from CRM and create the chart , graphs based on user requirement. This way data will be upto date always.

here is some post that gives more details on this

niiranen.eu/.../connecting-crm-online-odata-feed-excel-2013-power-query

blogs.msdn.com/.../dynamics-crm-online-in-power-query.aspx

Chitra

Suggested Answer
DH kumar CRM responded on 2 Sep 2014 8:19 AM

Hi,

the Power View functionality built into Excel 2013 enables business users to easily perform advanced analytics of their CRM data, whether they are working in a cloud-based or on-premises deployment.

blogs.msdn.com/.../using-power-view-in-excel-2013-to-analyze-crm-data.aspx

Suggested Answer
DH kumar CRM responded on 2 Sep 2014 8:19 AM

Hi,

the Power View functionality built into Excel 2013 enables business users to easily perform advanced analytics of their CRM data, whether they are working in a cloud-based or on-premises deployment.

blogs.msdn.com/.../using-power-view-in-excel-2013-to-analyze-crm-data.aspx