Question Status

Verified
Rafael Rocha asked a question on 27 Feb 2015 7:35 AM

Hi guys, i want to make a business rules to prompt a message for the user when he forget to put a contact in requireattendees, by this, i was going to filter when requireattendes field did have an account but not a contact and simple show a alert message.

So i tried to create this BR and when i tried to select this field ,he didn't show up... Nether optionalAttendees,

Did you guys have any ideia to help me achive this goal ?

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 27 Feb 2015 10:32 AM

Hi Rocha,

Yes, you are correct, BR cant work for the required attendees or optional attendee fields.

Since it is special field, don't think can be done using workflow as well.

You can only check using Plugin I think, check the entity logical name..

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Verified Answer
Mamatha Swamy responded on 27 Feb 2015 10:41 AM

Hi Rafael,

The Required and Optional Attendee fields are of type PartyList acting as a lookup for multiple entity types. The best way to check for selected records and alert is using JScript. This blog details on getting the values from PartyList and throwing an alert.. You can add your conditions and set required alerts.

rajeevpentyala.wordpress.com/.../get-and-set-partylist-fields-using-jscript

Hope this helps!

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 28 Feb 2015 10:53 AM

Hi Rafael,

Unfortunately, you cannot achieve it through workflows or business rules. You would need either a javascript or plugin

Please refer to the URL in Mamatha's reply

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

Verified Answer
Mamatha Swamy responded on 27 Feb 2015 10:41 AM

Hi Rafael,

The Required and Optional Attendee fields are of type PartyList acting as a lookup for multiple entity types. The best way to check for selected records and alert is using JScript. This blog details on getting the values from PartyList and throwing an alert.. You can add your conditions and set required alerts.

rajeevpentyala.wordpress.com/.../get-and-set-partylist-fields-using-jscript

Hope this helps!

Suggested Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 27 Feb 2015 10:32 AM

Hi Rocha,

Yes, you are correct, BR cant work for the required attendees or optional attendee fields.

Since it is special field, don't think can be done using workflow as well.

You can only check using Plugin I think, check the entity logical name..

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Suggested Answer
Prashant Shukla responded on 28 Feb 2015 10:53 AM

Hi Rafael,

Unfortunately, you cannot achieve it through workflows or business rules. You would need either a javascript or plugin

Please refer to the URL in Mamatha's reply

CRM-tude

Prashant Shukla

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.