Question Status

Verified
Fahad Shaikh asked a question on 4 Mar 2015 3:07 PM

Hi, 

I am facing this design challange. I have a case that needs to be routed to 3 different departments with different First Response by and Resolve By KPI values. The case can be moved both ways, i.e. from department 1 to department 2 or from department 2 to department 3 and vice versa.

I have created a mechanism to save the First Response By and Resolve  By values for each department. Now, I am devicing a mechanism that whenever a case is assigned from one department to the next one, it should save its time spent in a custom entities record field, so that if the case is assgined back to the same department, the time should not be started from the beginning but right from where it was stopped. 

For e.g. Department A has a Resolve by KPI of 3 Hours. Department A spent 2 hours and assigned the case to Department B. Now I want to save the time spent i.e. 2 hours in a field of a different entity. Can I get the time remaining value from timer control? 

How can I get this value?

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 4 Mar 2015 8:19 PM

Hi Fahad,

You need to implement a Workflow or Plugin on the Assign Message of the Entity Record which will toggle between the values of Response By based on your Department.

Suppose Department A has Resolve By as 3 Hours, now when this case is being Assigned to Department B, you will need to save this value to a Custom Field.

When this case is being reassigned back to Department A, you will need to save the Response By for Department B in one of the custom fields and then the Plugin/Workflow will populate the Response By from the value saved for Department A.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Aileen Gusni responded on 4 Mar 2015 8:54 PM

Hi Fahad,

I think the core of your question is how to get the timer control value, right?

It is not documented in anywhere in SDK.

But, there is a blog mentioned it:

nycrmdev.blogspot.com/.../getting-current-value-of-timer.html

It is using javascript.

You can also achieve this of course using plugin by calculate the time manually.

No other way.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Fahad Shaikh responded on 5 Mar 2015 2:22 AM

Hi Aileen,

Yes you have identified my question correctly. However, if I save this time somewhere, can I set the time back to the timer or the timer will always start from the beginning.

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 5 Mar 2015 5:34 AM

Hi Fahad,

The time, I don't think you can manipulate the value.

It is still depends on the respected field value, such as Followup Up by, resolved by, frist time response by.

So any manipulation you want to it, you need to modify the field, not the timer.

The timer will follow.

No matter back or start from beginning.

The timer is just a message that appearing in attractive UI, so you want to manipulate, manipulate the field, Fahad.

Thank you/

Verified Answer
Fahad Shaikh responded on 11 Mar 2015 8:38 AM

Hi Aileen,

Yes this is what I thought.

Thanks,

Fahad

Verified Answer
Aileen Gusni responded on 5 Mar 2015 5:34 AM

Hi Fahad,

The time, I don't think you can manipulate the value.

It is still depends on the respected field value, such as Followup Up by, resolved by, frist time response by.

So any manipulation you want to it, you need to modify the field, not the timer.

The timer will follow.

No matter back or start from beginning.

The timer is just a message that appearing in attractive UI, so you want to manipulate, manipulate the field, Fahad.

Thank you/

Verified Answer
Fahad Shaikh responded on 11 Mar 2015 8:38 AM

Hi Aileen,

Yes this is what I thought.

Thanks,

Fahad

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 4 Mar 2015 8:19 PM

Hi Fahad,

You need to implement a Workflow or Plugin on the Assign Message of the Entity Record which will toggle between the values of Response By based on your Department.

Suppose Department A has Resolve By as 3 Hours, now when this case is being Assigned to Department B, you will need to save this value to a Custom Field.

When this case is being reassigned back to Department A, you will need to save the Response By for Department B in one of the custom fields and then the Plugin/Workflow will populate the Response By from the value saved for Department A.

Hope that helps

Thanks