Question Status

Suggested Answer
Georgi Meyer asked a question on 5 Mar 2015 1:24 PM

Hi,

I am very new to writing Import templates for CRM. I have downloaded the template for one of my entities however the xml is not pulling in the data from the two lookup fields that I have in the entity. I'd like to be able to pull in that data as I am creating a sort of form for users to fill out using Excel. Is there a way to use the odata field to import the data from the lookup field into the xml form?

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Andres Guzman responded on 19 Mar 2015 8:06 PM

Hi Georgi Meyer,

My name is Andres Guzman, I'm glad to help you

I recommended you to create a view from your entity that includes all your fields that you need, then, you can export to excel this information checking the options to use this file to export in the future more information.

When you tried to import this info adding new one or importing in a new environment with the same structure in your entity, you shouldn't have any problem to use this info.

Let me know if you need additional info

Regards,

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Andres Guzman
Support Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Georgi Meyer responded on 24 Mar 2015 3:02 PM

Hi,

I was hoping to use the odata feed to pull in data from one entity that I have connected to the other entity and then use that in a form for users to fill out and the send back to me for upload. Is there a way to do that through odata?

Thanks,
Georgi

Suggested Answer
Andres Guzman responded on 19 Mar 2015 8:06 PM

Hi Georgi Meyer,

My name is Andres Guzman, I'm glad to help you

I recommended you to create a view from your entity that includes all your fields that you need, then, you can export to excel this information checking the options to use this file to export in the future more information.

When you tried to import this info adding new one or importing in a new environment with the same structure in your entity, you shouldn't have any problem to use this info.

Let me know if you need additional info

Regards,

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Andres Guzman
Support Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM