Question Status

Unanswered
cranialsurge asked a question on 13 Mar 2015 7:53 PM

I'm trying to delete a managed solution but keep getting the following error: 

The SdkMessageProcessingStep() component cannot be deleted because it is referenced by 1 other components. For a list of referenced components, use the RetrieveDependenciesForDeleteRequest.

Now the RetrieveDependenciesForDeleteRequest needs the type code for SdkMessageProcessingStep which is 92 and an objectId. But I don't know what this object id is because the error does not provide it. What is recommend approach to diagnosing such dependency errors?

Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:19 PM

Hi,

You can traverse solution to get it's component object type code , Did you check this sample code : msdn.microsoft.com/.../gg509063.aspx

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

cranialsurge responded on 14 Mar 2015 1:02 AM

On running this sample code, I get a list of dependencies for multiple component types. Is there any way to narrow this down to exactly why I am getting the message above while trying to delete a managed solution? Without being able to narrow this down somehow, it looks impossible to figure out what the problem is here.

Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 14 Mar 2015 2:12 AM

Try to parse exception, you should be able to get some pointer for your specific component (which you are not able to delete) from exception  and then should be able to filter result-set based on that component. I have not worked on this requirement but I am hoping you should be able to get that component, try to see what information you are getting in exception.

Hope it will help.

Need help in CRM Contact US | Our Blog | Follow US | Like our Facebook Page | Our Book

Make sure to Vote as Helpful and  Mark As Answer ,if you get answer of your question.

cranialsurge responded on 14 Mar 2015 1:16 PM

YOu mean try to parse the exception while deleting the solution via an SDK call instead of via the UI?

Mahendar Pal MVP responded on 14 Mar 2015 1:37 PM

yes, put your code under try and catch blog and catch fault exception and try to parse it.

cranialsurge responded on 14 Mar 2015 2:24 PM

Unfortunately the exception that is thrown on trying to delete the solution is way too generic. All the faultexception returns is "Solution dependencies exist, cannot uninstall.". There is no additional info that is helpful anywhere either in the innerexception or the detail.