Question Status

Verified
kandarp parikh asked a question on 20 Mar 2015 7:20 AM

Hi,

I have created one dashboard the link are as per below.

http://xxxxx:portnumber/dashboards/dashboard.aspx?dashboardId=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx.

Using this link as Iframe in one of application is giving me the below error and by that no charts are dispalyed.

It is continueosly loading and loading yet not dislay any data.I have set the security permissions to the deployed folder also for everybody and network service and iis also.Still this issue occurs.

Please Guide on the same.

Thanks.

Madu responded on 20 Mar 2015 11:19 AM

look like your other application runs as a different user , error says permission denied

who is the user id for application pool for other user

Pathini Fernando

Software Engineer

Suggested Answer
Bruno Lucas responded on 20 Mar 2015 8:25 PM

try un-tick restrict cross site scripting tick box.

can you browse your external application on the same machine where you get the error?

Try fiddler to see if that is trying to access the external url in an unexpected way

social.microsoft.com/.../crm-2013-access-external-websites-within-an-iframe-on-dashboard

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

kandarp parikh responded on 23 Mar 2015 12:38 AM

Hi Lucas,

I have used dashboard link as an iframe and not set the iframe in dashboard.So, have no tick box here to check/uncheck cross site restricting.

I have used it link below.

<form id="form1" runat="server">

<div>

<iframe id="FRAMENAME" src="http://xxxxx:portnumber/dashboards/dashboard.aspx?dashboardId=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx"

width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"

marginheight="100%" marginwidth="100%" style='position: absolute; top: 0; left: 0;

height: 100%; width: 100%;"></iframe>

<asp:HiddenField ID="hdnValue" runat="server" Value="Page1" />

</div>

</form>

Can you suggest to solve in this?

Thanks Lucas.

Verified Answer
kandarp parikh responded on 16 Apr 2015 8:22 AM

If we have used the iframe for displaying the dasboard it will gives the same issue because of the security reason. because iframe can't fetch the dashboard.

for this we need to use the windows.open() solves the problem.

call different dashboard  url on a set interval of time.i.e. setInterval(function () { refreshDashboard(); }, 15000);

and change the url of the dashboard in to the  refreshDashboard() function.

Thanks,

Kandarp

Verified Answer
kandarp parikh responded on 16 Apr 2015 8:22 AM

If we have used the iframe for displaying the dasboard it will gives the same issue because of the security reason. because iframe can't fetch the dashboard.

for this we need to use the windows.open() solves the problem.

call different dashboard  url on a set interval of time.i.e. setInterval(function () { refreshDashboard(); }, 15000);

and change the url of the dashboard in to the  refreshDashboard() function.

Thanks,

Kandarp

Suggested Answer
Bruno Lucas responded on 20 Mar 2015 8:25 PM

try un-tick restrict cross site scripting tick box.

can you browse your external application on the same machine where you get the error?

Try fiddler to see if that is trying to access the external url in an unexpected way

social.microsoft.com/.../crm-2013-access-external-websites-within-an-iframe-on-dashboard

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem