Question Status

Suggested Answer
cupid asked a question on 27 Mar 2015 3:58 AM

How to do Gmail Configuration With Dynamic CRM 2015?

Suggested Answer
Bruno Lucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 4:03 AM

you need to go to settings > email configuration and enter the gmail server addresses:

www.ec.co.za/.../how-to-setup-a-crm-2013-email-server-profile-for-email-processing

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

Suggested Answer
mscrmba responded on 27 Mar 2015 4:09 AM

Are you wanting to use Gmail as the staff member's email account and integrate that with CRM (rather than using Outlook)?

If you're looking to track your emails in your GMail account from inside CRM 2013, you can do that by configuring your email router to connect to Gmail using POP3.

Suggest you start by referring to this blog from Inogic:

community.dynamics.com/.../server-side-synchronization-for-dynamics-crm-with-pop3-enabled-mail-server.aspx 

and this from Microsoft:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531050.aspx

Or have I misunderstood the question?

If you just want a field to store a Gmail address for a customer...

you can use one of the three OOTB email addresses and just change the display name/label to 'Gmail'

Suggested Answer
Bruno Lucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 4:03 AM

you need to go to settings > email configuration and enter the gmail server addresses:

www.ec.co.za/.../how-to-setup-a-crm-2013-email-server-profile-for-email-processing

Bruno Lucas, Senior CRM Consultant

DynamicDay CRM Blog 

Please mark my post as "Verified" If it helped to solve your problem 

Suggested Answer
mscrmba responded on 27 Mar 2015 4:09 AM

Are you wanting to use Gmail as the staff member's email account and integrate that with CRM (rather than using Outlook)?

If you're looking to track your emails in your GMail account from inside CRM 2013, you can do that by configuring your email router to connect to Gmail using POP3.

Suggest you start by referring to this blog from Inogic:

community.dynamics.com/.../server-side-synchronization-for-dynamics-crm-with-pop3-enabled-mail-server.aspx 

and this from Microsoft:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn531050.aspx

Or have I misunderstood the question?

If you just want a field to store a Gmail address for a customer...

you can use one of the three OOTB email addresses and just change the display name/label to 'Gmail'