Question Status

Unanswered
TonyLI asked a question on 18 Jun 2009 7:39 AM

When we try to enable a user who has been disabled and had their AD account deleted, we are unable to.  We simply get the generic "an error has occurred" window.  I recreated the user account in AD, but I cannot find a way in CRM to relink the user to the AD account.  All areas of the user's information in CRM are grayed out because the user is disabled, so I cannot make any changes.

Thanks,

Tony

Yaniv Arditi responded on 18 Jun 2009 8:06 AM

Hi,

This is hardly an elegant solution, but it is a supported one: change the disabled user domain logon name (e.g add another letter) in the AD and create a new CRM user which mapps to this AD user.

Hope this helps,

Yaniv Arditi
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/rdt/

Andrii Butenko responded on 18 Jun 2009 8:23 AM

Hi, Tony.

I suggest you to update Active Directory Identifier of user in MS CRM DataBase with newly created one in AD.

Kind regards,

Andrii Butenko.

Blog

Site

TonyLI responded on 18 Jun 2009 8:34 AM

Yaniv,

Wouldn't that in essence create a completely new CRM user and thus all of the original user's records would no longer be associated with them?

Tony

TonyLI responded on 18 Jun 2009 8:39 AM

Thanks a33.

We are trying to be able to reassign records associated with a disabled  (and AD deleted) user, which is why we are trying to re-enable her.  We were actually able to go into the CRM database and re-enable her and then reassign her record.  However, once we reassigned her record once, we were not able to do so again.  It seems that any records created by the disabled users have some problems.  Do you think that your suggestion would help with that?

Tony

Andrii Butenko responded on 18 Jun 2009 9:29 AM

I hope this will help you.

Kind regards,

Andrii Butenko.

Blog

Site

Yaniv Arditi responded on 18 Jun 2009 9:30 AM

True, it is a new user, but you can assign the old user's records to the new user using the 'Reassign rcords' function in old user Actions menu.

Yaniv Arditi
http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/rdt/

TonyLI responded on 18 Jun 2009 1:29 PM

A33, 

So you are saying that we should get the AD SID of the newly created user and put that in the CRM database of the associated user that we want to enable?

Thanks,

Tony

Andrii Butenko responded on 18 Jun 2009 11:16 PM

Hi, Tony.

Try to update ActiveDirectoryGuid field of systemuser with AD SID.

I hope that this will help you.

Kind regards,

Andrii Butenko.

Blog

Site

TonyLI responded on 25 Jun 2009 8:40 AM

a33,

Is this the actual Active Directory SID that we are talking about?  I used a getSID vb script to get the SID of the user, but when my manager looked in the CRM database he felt that the AD SID is not the one that we need.

Thanks,

Tony