Question Status

Suggested Answer
Andrew Thomas asked a question on 24 Apr 2008 7:12 AM

I am very new to this software only having googled it yesterday. We are looking for new CRM software as we are thinking of replacing our existing application but I do have specific questions about how we could use Dynamics CRM

We are a small department within a large Local Authority in Wales, we provide teacher training and school support, and need to log the time we spend against certain criteria eg. Training, Preparation, Meetings etc..  Will Dynamics CRM allow us to collect this sort of information for every calendar entry (such as which school the meeting relates to and which budget pays) And every so often I need a report to tell me for each staff member how many hours they spent within each of the criteria?

The rest of the Authority's staff use MS Outlook for email, diary etc , our small team use our CRM package for our diaires so no one on out side the system can see them, this is becoming a problem.The main attraction for Dynamics to us is that it is integrated into Outlook but will staff outside Dynamics still be able to see my diary if we use dynamics?

This may not be anything to do with Dynamics and there maybe a way to do this through another method. With our current CRM package we manage our IT Training rooms, they are booked and any special requiments logged, I can see from a single screen which room is free and which is use and by who. All users can look and see which rooms are avilable on certain dates but only a chosen few have sufficient access to make entries. Would Dynamics alow us to manage such resources in a simple way, or is there something else anyone can suggest?

I hope that the above makes some sense to someone

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Rohana Radampola responded on 28 Apr 2008 10:13 AM

Andrew,

Yes to a point but review following links on Ax

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/ax/default.mspx

http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/businessneeds/collaborativeworkspace.mspx

Aj

R Radampola (AJ) Enterprise software solutions SVP Global Outsource Development, http://enterprise-softwaresolutions.com http://www.essolutions.us
mm123 responded on 28 Apr 2008 11:00 PM

Hi Andrew,

The beauty of MS CRM is the adaptability to any line of Business. If you are ineterested please touch base with us for learning more.

Regards,

Manick

ZSL INC

manick.m@hotmail.com

craigde responded on 29 Apr 2008 12:08 PM

Hi Andrew

I think Rohana was answering with respect to a different prodcut than you were asking about (Dynamics AX vs Dynamics CRM). As Manick points out yes the kind of scenario you are describing is exactly the strength of Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Because it is built on top of Outlook you get all the native capability of Outlook combined with the CRM functionality not instead of it. To answer your specific questions

Yes you could configure the system to collect information for individual calendar entries and report on it

Yes you can then use any standard Outlook feature or add in to be managing conference rooms etc

Craig

Kelvin Davies responded on 2 May 2013 7:31 AM

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to Microsoft Dynamic CRM. A quick question which you may want to ask yourself - Are you thinking about hosting CRM onPremise (onsite using your own hardware), or online (hosted cloud solution).  This question is unrelated to your question above, however it is a does highlight a few of the benefits of Microsoft Dynamic CRM 2011.

----------------------

We are a small department within a large Local Authority in Wales, we provide teacher training and school support, and need to log the time we spend against certain criteria eg. Training, Preparation, Meetings etc..  Will Dynamics CRM allow us to collect this sort of information for every calendar entry (such as which school the meeting relates to and which budget pays) And every so often I need a report to tell me for each staff member how many hours they spent within each of the criteria?

CRM 2011 provides the facility to collect, display and manage users and their associated data in a standard or a  bespoke way (aligning with your business requirements).  One of the key benefits of CRM 2011 is the ability to support and integrate with Microsoft Office outlook and Office 365.

The rest of the Authority's staff use MS Outlook for email, diary etc , our small team use our CRM package for our diaires so no one on out side the system can see them, this is becoming a problem.The main attraction for Dynamics to us is that it is integrated into Outlook but will staff outside Dynamics still be able to see my diary if we use dynamics?

CRM incorporates user and role security "out of the box", and this is supported by both the web and outlook client.

This may not be anything to do with Dynamics and there maybe a way to do this through another method. With our current CRM package we manage our IT Training rooms, they are booked and any special requiments logged, I can see from a single screen which room is free and which is use and by who. All users can look and see which rooms are available on certain dates but only a chosen few have sufficient access to make entries. Would Dynamics alow us to manage such resources in a simple way, or is there something else anyone can suggest?

CRM could be easily customized to perform this functionality.  There are also a number of CRM plugins which could also be purchased, which provide the said functionality.

-------------

I hope that the above makes some sense to someone

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Kind regards,

Kelvin

Website    |    Twitter    |    LinkedIn

If the answer is helpful, please feel free to mark as as helpful.

Jeffrey.Wolfe responded on 3 May 2013 2:49 AM

Andrew,

I beleive I may just have simple solution for you. While Dynamics CRM will help you organize your Customers / Contacts and can be customized for you businss, THe bookings / billings / usage Reporting would require alot of Customization on the Standard Dynamics CRM. Take a look at www.xRM1partners.com for powerful pre-configured Project Management solution for Dynamics CRM. This provides exactly what you are looking for in trems of B&I

Hope this helps,

J. Wolfe

Suggested Answer
Gayatri Shevde responded on 22 Nov 2014 4:32 PM

Hello ,

I appreciate your response in CRM,

To know what exactly CRM is in detail I will first suggest you to go through the www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx Implementation guide where you will be able to understand how exactly CRM works as CRM Online as well as CRM On-premise.

After reading this you will get the clear idea of the functionality of CRM and how you can use it

Regards,

Gayatri Shevde

Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Suggested Answer
Gayatri Shevde responded on 22 Nov 2014 4:32 PM

Hello ,

I appreciate your response in CRM,

To know what exactly CRM is in detail I will first suggest you to go through the www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx Implementation guide where you will be able to understand how exactly CRM works as CRM Online as well as CRM On-premise.

After reading this you will get the clear idea of the functionality of CRM and how you can use it

Regards,

Gayatri Shevde

Microsoft Dynamics CRM