Obscure error

This question is answered

Hi there,

I found an obscure error in the Event Viewer of my Dynamics CRM 4 server. I googled for it but I am having a hard time finding an site or forum mentioning this error:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSCRMPlatform
Event Category: None
Event ID: 17192
Date:  28/6/2010
Time:  21:03:36
User:  N/A
Computer: SRVDYNCRM
Description:
Site map for organization xxxxxxxx-yyyy-xxxx-yyyy-xxxxxxxxxxxx contains reference to entity new_aCustomEntityThatICantFindAnywhere but that entity was not found in the metadata cache

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

It seems like this error probably came when the Dynamics CRM 4 production environment was imported from the staging/development environment. However I wasn't involved in the development of this particular dynamics CRM 4 solution, so I am really clueless here.

Any thoughts? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
P.

Verified Answer
  • Well as obscure this error can be, it is not a big deal to fix, really.

    I went to the Administration of the Dynamics CRM site and downloaded the SiteMap.xml customisation. Then all I did was edit the xml file, look for the line making reference to the lost new_aCustomEntityThatICantFindAnywhere and remove it.

    Then I uploaded the edited customisation file back into the Dynamics CRM and presto. That simple.

    Duh

    P.

All Replies
  • Well as obscure this error can be, it is not a big deal to fix, really.

    I went to the Administration of the Dynamics CRM site and downloaded the SiteMap.xml customisation. Then all I did was edit the xml file, look for the line making reference to the lost new_aCustomEntityThatICantFindAnywhere and remove it.

    Then I uploaded the edited customisation file back into the Dynamics CRM and presto. That simple.

    Duh

    P.

  • Thank you for posting this fix! It resolved my issue as well. Somehow SiteMap.xml becomes populated with the "new_aCustomEntityThatICantFindAnywhere" data. Removing the data simply stopped the error.

    I had something like 1k of these errors in my logs :P .