Question Status

Suggested Answer
Shannon B asked a question on 23 Jul 2008 6:22 AM

Can anyone tell me how to put graphics into an email template.  I am trying to send out an email to all of my customers however I need to insert our logo and I just get a little red x.  Thank you

Marc Winder responded on 23 Jul 2008 11:56 AM

You'll need to create the email with your images in Visual Studio or other HTML editor first, using your company logo, then cut and paste the rendered HTML output into the email template body in CRM. After you do this you can then add your data fields as normal but you have to do it this way to get the logo to display.

In addition make sure the logo you reference is in an location that the recipient can access, like a public
web sight, because this trick doesn't actually bundle the images up with the email...it simply references by its URL.

George Ku responded on 29 Jul 2008 1:56 AM

I copy/paste html email from IE to CRM email editor. I can see pictures.

But after I send the email, pictures still gone...

Stephen Beasley responded on 20 Sep 2008 10:55 AM

The image must be available through http, i.e http://www.yourdomain/imagefolder/yourimage.jpg .  Can you view your image using the above format? Only you (or internal members with security rights) can see the image if you are using a url like c:\imagefolder\yourimage.jpg . 

NABC responded on 1 Oct 2008 5:41 PM

We are having the same issue and the image is available via a publically accessible website. When I go to insert the template is shows a red box around the image and if I click on it, it goes to the image out on the web.  I hit send in CRM and the end user get's the email but the images are not present.   Any advise?  Are we copy and pasting wrong?  Or is there some other trick?  I've even tried google images out there on the websites and cannot get it to work. 

redware responded on 7 Oct 2008 7:45 AM

We have some information in our handbook. You need to have the images on a web server and then copy the html from internet explorer and paste into the email.

http://www.redware.com/mscrm/handbook/microsoft_crm_using_crm.html#_Toc193891979

NABC responded on 7 Oct 2008 9:14 AM

Yep we've tried that step by step and it still doesn't work - we contacted Microsoft and they are aware of the problem and couldn't really offer a fix for it.  They - stated that images in emails was not supported.  I'm a bit flabergasted on how they look to compete when the basic items of sending out a newsletter and email blasts cannot be done out of the CRM. 

If there are any other tips or tricks anyone has found that work please let me know I would appreciated.  Email image stuck here. 

KR

Greg1 responded on 7 Oct 2009 7:50 AM

I have built an email template in CRM,  and upon sending, the recipients receive the email template but it has lost the spacing and formatting. Any idea why this is happening? 

Alistair Dickinson responded on 8 Oct 2009 2:44 AM

Hi All

This is an area that is not great in CRM as CRM is not really a great emial marketing tool, the best thing I can advise is take a look at a really good add-on called eCampaing which comes with a public image library and HTML tool along with tracking of email.

This tool plugs directly into Microsoft CRM and works are part of the solution, not 3rd party email send etc

Product link in here

http://www.mycrmgroup.com/extended/ecampaign.aspx

Cheers

Alistair

www.mycrmgroup.com Making Microsoft CRM work for Business
CRM Matt responded on 23 Feb 2010 2:55 PM

Hi All

Make a HTML page, accessible on the internet, which includes all your imagery

When copying this from IE, highlight the image, don't right click on it, and copy

Then paste this into your template

This should make the pictures stay in when you send

Cheers

Matt

George Ku responded on 23 Feb 2010 3:16 PM

Aly

Hi All

This is an area that is not great in CRM as CRM is not really a great emial marketing tool, the best thing I can advise is take a look at a really good add-on called eCampaing which comes with a public image library and HTML tool along with tracking of email.

This tool plugs directly into Microsoft CRM and works are part of the solution, not 3rd party email send etc

Product link in here

http://www.mycrmgroup.com/extended/ecampaign.aspx

Cheers

Alistair

I see the website. I can't find where to download it and how to pay it?

It seems a plugin for your hosting CRM. not for our own CRM.

Thomas James responded on 8 Jul 2014 5:19 AM

would love to know if this ever got sorted - our email templates now showing in Times New Roman too! please help.

Suggested Answer
S P responded on 8 Jul 2014 6:33 AM

Hi, it sounds like you are copying and pasting the image into the email template editor instead of using HTML. I would use an 'a href' HTML tag to reference the publically accessible image on your website.

Suggested Answer
S P responded on 8 Jul 2014 6:33 AM

Hi, it sounds like you are copying and pasting the image into the email template editor instead of using HTML. I would use an 'a href' HTML tag to reference the publically accessible image on your website.