Question Status

Suggested Answer
Matthew K asked a question on 19 Jul 2011 1:51 PM

I've been trying to setup an integration using the Dynamics Connector. This is the latest in a list of errors I'm stepping through to get the out of the box configuration working. Any ideas?

I first saw the error in the Connector log for the AX Item - CRM Product map. Then when going to the Product form itself, I see this error as well when attempting to save. From searches it seems that one of the plug-in files is corrupted or not built properly. No other entities that I know of are affected. How can I resolve this?

Dynamics CRM 4.0 and AX 2009.

Matthew K responded on 20 Jul 2011 10:47 AM

I enabled tracing and found that this is the assembly causing the error. So now what are my next steps?

Microsoft.Dynamics.Integration.Adapters.Crm40.Plugin.ProductCreateUpdateEventHandler

Chris Hetzler responded on 29 Jul 2011 4:23 PM

This plugin is installed by the CRM Configuration Utility that is run as part of configuring the CRM adapter during the setup of Connector.  Could get this assembly re-installed by re-running the CRM Configuration Utility from the settings node of your integration.

Which version of Connector are you currently using?  The most Current is FP 5.  

Which CRM rollup are you using - Connector requires at least rollup 5 if you are using CRM 4.0.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Connector for Microsoft Dynamics team blog

Matthew K responded on 1 Aug 2011 7:27 AM

I have attempted re-installing the Connector application altogether as well as re-running the CRM Config Untity. No luck with either method.

I can't find a version within the Connector itself. But it was downloaded in June 2011 from Partner Souce. I will investigate if that is the most current version.

We are on CRM rollup 18. The earliest one we have is 7 then 14 and up through 18.

Rakesh.N responded on 16 Aug 2011 6:32 AM

Make sure that the "List Price" is filled because the plugin tries to create pricelistitem with the list price

Matthew K responded on 23 Aug 2011 7:33 AM

Do you mean "Price List"? If so, yes that is filled in. The field "List Price" is just a price field and nothing else.

From what we've been able to figure out (which isn't much), some of the data was corrupt some how. When we removed all the products from our database and re-ran the initial sync, no more errors.

HOWEVER, for some reason only 6,445 (out of over 14,000) of our AX Items are being picked up by the connector. Everytime I attempt an initial sync by setting the "check for data modified after:" to a year far in the past, it still only grabs 6,445. And even then all those records aren't actually being integrated; only 3,795 CRM Products exist yet no failures show up... Any ideas?

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 23 Aug 2011 12:26 PM

What is the last modified date on your Items in AX?  Try setting the "check for data modified after" to 12/31/1899 and ensure that your Sales Items in AX all have a modified date the is later than 12/31/1899.  Also ensure that you are on the lasest version of Connector which is 1.5.516.1.  This can beverified by going to the Home node in the Connector, right clicking and selecting Version.

Matthew K responded on 23 Aug 2011 12:34 PM

I have set the date to 12/31/1899 and confirmed no items have a date earlier than that; still no success. For whatever reason 6,455 is the max number of records that are picked up by the connector.

We are on Version 1.5.228.1 so I will get the latest version and give it another go.

Thanks for the reply

Rakesh.N responded on 24 Aug 2011 10:02 AM

The given key was not found in the dictionary raises because the product you are creating might not  contain "List Price" value in CRM.

What the plugin do is, add this product to every Price List itn CRM with "List Price" value multiplied by the currency exchange rate of Price List Currency.

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 23 Aug 2011 12:26 PM

What is the last modified date on your Items in AX?  Try setting the "check for data modified after" to 12/31/1899 and ensure that your Sales Items in AX all have a modified date the is later than 12/31/1899.  Also ensure that you are on the lasest version of Connector which is 1.5.516.1.  This can beverified by going to the Home node in the Connector, right clicking and selecting Version.