Dynamics CRM Support Blog
Problems configuring the CRM Outlook client? Use the wizard!
CRM Resource Center
FAQ About Technical SupportOnline | On-Premise
FAQ About Billing
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Center and SDK
I'm sure this is covered in the training, but the training links appear to be broken and support is still working on connecting me.
Meanwhile, I have created several product attribute fields in the Order Product form. When I convert that Order to an Invoice, I need the Invoice Products to remain linked to the attributes selected on the Order form. It seems that I need to build or customize the relationship between the two tables, but I don't yet know how or where to do this. Can you help me out with this?
This is one of the known "gotchas" that's been in CRM since at least v3.0. The relationships between the Opportunity Product, Quote Product, Order Product and Invoice Product are not visible in the customization menus. However, it is possible to map custom fields by first looking up the GUID of the entity map and then manually editing the URL of the field mapping dialog window to access these hidden mappings.
- - -
Blog: Surviving CRM - Twitter: @jukkan
See if you can configure the mappings from one entity to another. Follow these steps (logged in as an Administrator):
1. Open any Order Product in the System.
2. Go to the "Customize" Tab and Click on "Customize Entity"
3. Once that opens, navigate to 1:N and Double click on the "Order Product to Invoice Product" relationship
4. Once that opens, click on "Mappings" on the left navigation pane
5. Click on "New" to create a new mapping for the "Comments" field.
6. Select "custom fields" on both sides and accept the new mapping.
7. Publsih all customizations and test to make sure it's all working properly.
Wow - thanks for the help guys! I'll give it a try!
I'm glad that worked out for you Heather. :)
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13