Activating the Microsoft Provided CRM 2011 Hyper-V Image

This question is answered

Does anyone know how to activate the downloadable CRM 2011 Hyper-V image provided on Microsoft Partner Source? We have a substantial amount of customization work on it which is beyond a backup and restore to a new image so we need to permanently activate the image.

We have asked our Microsoft CRM contact, but they don't know. I have heard you need an MSDN subscription as that image will only accept OS keys generated from there - but I'm not sure.

Has anyone done this and if so what did you do?

Verified Answer
  • It turns out the VM image is not able to be activated.

To qualify this - I didn't actually try to activate it; I spoke with one of our partner reps and this is what they told me.

All Replies
  • Here are the listed requirements to use the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Virtual Machine.

This virtual machine requires 64-bit hardware and runs in Hyper-V.  To install the Hyper-V role, Windows Server 2008 (64-bit only) or 2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter edition is required.  For details on setting up VM environments please read the attached CRM 2011 VM Overview document.

You can find the document and image here:

mbs.microsoft.com/.../General.aspx

Note that you will need to have valid Partner Source credentials to log in and access the image and documentation.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Bryan Botz
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Dynamics CRM

• Hi Jason,

Can you please update this thread ?

Thanks,

Mohammad

• It turns out the VM image is not able to be activated.

To qualify this - I didn't actually try to activate it; I spoke with one of our partner reps and this is what they told me.