Question Status

Suggested Answer
Jennifer Manteufel asked a question on 20 Nov 2012 8:58 AM

A have a few users routinly getting the following error while working with CROM 2011 in Internet Explorer 9.0. We have tried both 32bit version IE and 64bit version IE and still experience the same issue. When IE crashes the web page opens back up to the home page in CRM and the user loses what they are working on. This does not happen if the user goes through the outlook client and doesnt happen for all users just a select few. Has anyone else experienced this and if so how did you fix it.

ERROR: "A problem with the webpage caused internet explorer to close and reopen the tab"

Suggested Answer
Genya Akselrod responded on 12 Jul 2014 7:18 PM

Hello Jennifer,

I assume because it is happening to a few users, it might have to do with their specific computers.

Look into video card driver updates.

Also, can you post a screen shot of the error, if there is one?

Thanks!

Claudia Cisneros responded on 20 Nov 2012 10:49 AM

Hi Jennifer,

Hope your doing well. To troubleshoot the issue I suggest the following actions:

1. Apply KB support.microsoft.com/.../282402

2. Disable IE's Hang Resistance by setting the HangRecovery value to 0 in the registry (support.microsoft.com/.../EN-US)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\  

Type: REG_DWORD  

Name: HangRecovery  

Value: 0

Hope this helps,

Jennifer Manteufel responded on 21 Nov 2012 7:36 AM

unfortunately neither of these changes made a difference for the user. I will keep looking.

MRalph responded on 19 Dec 2012 11:32 AM

Hi Jennifer,

I have users experiencing the same problem.  Were you ever able to find a solution?

Claudia Cisneros responded on 19 Dec 2012 1:15 PM

Hi guys,

Did you try the following?

1. Please reset IE setting (Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced Tab -> Reset)

2. Turn OFF Pop-up Blocker for CRM Site (Open IE -> Tools -> Pop-up Blocker -> Turn OFF)

3. Delete Cookies and Temp Internet files (Open IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> General Tab -> Delete)

Regards,

Jennifer Manteufel responded on 21 Dec 2012 8:16 AM

At this time we have reset all IE settings and cleared cache. Nothing has cured this issue for the user.

balakrishna uppala responded on 1 Aug 2013 4:11 AM

Hi, Did you guys found any solution for this, I have the same issue.

Please post the solution if you know.

Jennifer Manteufel responded on 1 Aug 2013 6:08 AM

Unfortunately not. We still have users with this issue.

J.T. Mott responded on 1 Aug 2013 7:55 AM

We are having the same problem, are you by change on the CRM 2011 legacy platform (with WLID rather than 365)?

Jennifer Manteufel responded on 1 Aug 2013 7:57 AM

We are not on 365. We are on CRM 2011 RU11 on premise.

Storm63 responded on 12 Jul 2014 3:43 AM

I'm not sure if this will work for you, but I had the same problem/error.   I tried just about everything from going back revisions of IE, changing firewalls, antivirus, you name it, I tried it.    Finally, the problem turned out to be an add on called namectrl class.   Via Manage add ons it IE, I disabled it and problem went away.

Suggested Answer
Genya Akselrod responded on 12 Jul 2014 7:18 PM

Hello Jennifer,

I assume because it is happening to a few users, it might have to do with their specific computers.

Look into video card driver updates.

Also, can you post a screen shot of the error, if there is one?

Thanks!