Question Status

Verified
Wolverine asked a question on 11 Jan 2013 7:14 AM

When I export certain Accounts from the Accounts section and tell CRM to make the data available for Re-import, the data will not reimport.

I've only modified data in one Field (Membership Number), but--as stated--when I try to Re-import it, I get the same error every time:

"The Records were not updated because the following Microsoft Dynamics CRM fields were not found: Industry"

This is a Custom Field that was mantory. I've changed it so that it's not mandatory, but it still won't import.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance

Brian

Gus Gonzalez responded on 14 Jan 2013 11:27 AM

Are you still trying to import the file as xml or are you saving the file as csv before importing?

Gus Gonzalez

Dad, Husband, Engineer, 3-time Microsoft MVP, Solution Architect,  Subject Matter Expert, Speaker, Columnist  Georgia Chapter Chairman. Follow me @GusGonzalez2.

Suggested Answer
Mark Anley responded on 17 Jan 2013 11:10 AM

Ensure you do not have two fields within the Account entity with the same display name.  This will cause the error you are having above.  if you do, rename one of the filed display names, publish, and attempt re-importing the data again.

Wolverine responded on 18 Jan 2013 5:08 AM

Thanks.  I changed the Display Name of Industry back to 'Sector', but now I get a message saying "The Following Option Set values could not be mapped.  This could lead to Import failures.

*sigh*.  So, if I have 'Industry' in, it fails, if I take 'Industry' out, it will fail or will affect our Data (I'm assuming)?

Simon Billeng responded on 20 Oct 2014 5:42 AM

How did you solve your last error; "The following option set values could not be mapped" ? 

I get the same error now with a list of the values for one of my optionset fields. The values are in CRM and they look just fine to me. Why do I get this error?

Seamus responded on 5 Nov 2014 5:17 AM

thanks Mark - fixed it for me.

Verified Answer
Seamus responded on 5 Nov 2014 5:19 AM

thanks Mark - this fixed it for me.

Verified Answer
Seamus responded on 5 Nov 2014 5:19 AM

thanks Mark - this fixed it for me.

Suggested Answer
Mark Anley responded on 17 Jan 2013 11:10 AM

Ensure you do not have two fields within the Account entity with the same display name.  This will cause the error you are having above.  if you do, rename one of the filed display names, publish, and attempt re-importing the data again.