Question Status

Suggested Answer
Rico Gunawan asked a question on 20 Jan 2013 5:58 PM

Hi,

I'm developing a solution integrating CRM Online with Sharepoint Online and requires to do some custom work from CRM Online plugin (sandboxed) to access Sharepoint Online Web Service.

Thus, claims based authentication is required, but I haven't found any solution which doesn't use WIF:  http://blogs.msdn.com/b/cjohnson/archive/2011/05/14/part-2-headless-authentication-with-sharepoint-online-and-the-client-side-object-model.aspx

(because CRM online plugins is sandboxed and doesn't allow using Microsoft.Identity.Model.dll).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Rico

Rafael Loureiro responded on 14 May 2013 1:24 PM

Rico,

Have you found  a solution to this issue? I am on the same boat, need to be able to connect to Sharepoint 365 from a CRM Online Plugin.

Rico Gunawan responded on 14 May 2013 5:21 PM

Hi Rafael,

I ended up deploying an Azure Web Service as middle ware to implement the claims based authentication.

I have raised a support ticket to Microsoft, and they can't provide with a solution as well, looks like this would be the only way so far to accomplish the integration.

Regards,

Rico

Suggested Answer
Stephen Campbell responded on 22 Jul 2013 10:48 AM

I also ran into this situation. I was able create a CRM plug-in that called SharePoint web services using the following instructions (both CRM and SharePoint are online)...

allthatjs.com/.../remote-authentication-in-sharepoint-online

In my solution, I created an HttpWebRequest for steps 1 & 3. The contents of the request are manually created using the format described in the blog.

Suggested Answer
Stephen Campbell responded on 22 Jul 2013 10:48 AM

I also ran into this situation. I was able create a CRM plug-in that called SharePoint web services using the following instructions (both CRM and SharePoint are online)...

allthatjs.com/.../remote-authentication-in-sharepoint-online

In my solution, I created an HttpWebRequest for steps 1 & 3. The contents of the request are manually created using the format described in the blog.