Question Status

Suggested Answer
jasonjusticeseattle asked a question on 11 Feb 2015 6:02 PM

I've tried adding the following to the head section of the landing page editor but after saving, the code is removed:

• Links to external CSS
  • Links to external javascript
  • media queries
  • CSS selectors that include an id ('#')
  • CSS selectors that include ">"

Is there a reason for this? Is there a workaround so that I can apply any css to the page?

What about javascript? Can I write javascript inline on the landing page some how?

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 11 Feb 2015 9:55 PM

Hi Jason,

You are trying an unsupported customizations. This will break the system or cause the upgrade to fail later.

I would advice you not to make any changes to the System Files.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Christian Abeln responded on 12 Feb 2015 12:22 AM

Hi,

please see my answer on the same topic from yesterday in this forum here

Some CSS mechanics are possible, yet in the current release 17.x most of the ones you describe that include external links, some of the selectors, content modification and java script are not permitted. Basically anything that can be used to compose XSS attacks.

But you can use constructs like:

input[value=Clear]

{display:none !important;}

But today you can not do:

textboxclass:focus

{background-color:yellow; }

Please be assured that we are working on ways to allow for richer CSS for future releases.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Microsoft Dynamics Marketing

Don't forget!: If you have gotten the answer to your question - mark your question as answered (even if the answer is not what you have hoped for). By doing so you show appreciation to the free-of-charge help that you have received from another forum member.

jasonjusticeseattle responded on 13 Feb 2015 1:12 PM

I'm not trying to mod system files. I'm simply adding code here (See attached).

Christian, what I am trying to do is make the form 2 columns but have it be responsive and go down to 1 column at a certain viewport. Is this possible?

Michal Strzalkowski responded on 26 Feb 2015 8:53 PM

I'm in the same boat as you Jason, trying for a simple two column layout in the landing page to make it responsive for mobile. Did you manage to figure this out, or get an answer whether it's at least possible?

Suggested Answer
Mithilesh Kumar responded on 11 Feb 2015 9:55 PM

Hi Jason,

You are trying an unsupported customizations. This will break the system or cause the upgrade to fail later.

I would advice you not to make any changes to the System Files.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Suggested Answer
Christian Abeln responded on 12 Feb 2015 12:22 AM

Hi,

please see my answer on the same topic from yesterday in this forum here

Some CSS mechanics are possible, yet in the current release 17.x most of the ones you describe that include external links, some of the selectors, content modification and java script are not permitted. Basically anything that can be used to compose XSS attacks.

But you can use constructs like:

input[value=Clear]

{display:none !important;}

But today you can not do:

textboxclass:focus

{background-color:yellow; }

Please be assured that we are working on ways to allow for richer CSS for future releases.

Hope this helps,

Christian

Microsoft Dynamics Marketing

Don't forget!: If you have gotten the answer to your question - mark your question as answered (even if the answer is not what you have hoped for). By doing so you show appreciation to the free-of-charge help that you have received from another forum member.