I agree with all points of the article whole-heartedly, but I feel compelled to mention the benefits of Dynamics AX 2012 for private and NHS healthcare in the UK (it seems to have been forgotten in the article)! We recently integrated a Dynamics AX solution at private healthcare provider in Bath, England with great success.

I see great opportunity for Dynamics AX in the healthcare market. Its ability to act as an integration layer and accept messages from all systems, both clinical and admin applications, supports trusts (and soon Care Commissioning Groups) by providing data on the outcome of patient treatment, performance of healthcare providers and the cost of treatment. Dynamics ERP enables health organisations to gain business process efficiencies and effective workflows to improve care for patients.

When hosted in the cloud, Dynamics ERP becomes even more appropriate for health, because it enables providers to build a customised system for health once and replicate it elsewhere, when relevant. This potentially lowers deployment costs and time for the customer.