Microsoft support should peruse this forum to answer some of the questions.

• It looks like at least 90% of the questions posted to the ask the community forum go unanswered.   I posted a question a few days ago, the thread was pushed to the second page within a few hours.  I doubt anyone even opened the thread.

I use many of the boards at Tek-Tips.com, responses to questions there start apearing within minutes of posing a question.  However, they do not have a AX board.

I don't really have a solution, but a redesign of the forum would probably help.   Would it kill Microsoft to assign some support personnel to the forum?    I think with 50 billion in cash they could afford to better support their customers.

• AX Hole,

Thanks for the suggestions. You will start to see an increase in engagements from Microsoft support in the community forums. This is something we have been working on since our last release and you should start these efforts within the next few months. We hope these efforts will increase the answer rate in the forums to better assist our customers.  

We also need the help from the community to step in and assist where they can. This is what really builds the strength of the community. There's a large # of individuals who help on a daily basis to answer questions which drives the community today. Without these individuals the community would not be where it is today. So I wanted to thank everyone who has helped another community member with their question.  

I challenge you the community member if you ask a question in the community forums, take a second and see if you can help answer another community members question in the forums. The community team will work together with support to increase the engagement level with in the community forums.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Nick, thanks for the toughtful response.   I hope what you say about support personnel becoming more involved with the forum becomes reality, it would really help and could provide Microsoft with even more of a competitive advantage.   I wish I could take the time to read though some of the questions and provide a response, but with 2 more new implementations of AX on my plate, (one being in India that serves 4 locations) and both going live 4/1, its not really practical, and I'm far from a guru.

Again, please consider a redesign of the forum.  One idea would be to break the questions into areas, maybe programming, database, funtionality, etc.

Thanks again .....

• AX Hole,

Thanks for the response. I understand the time limitations individuals are under so any help each person can provides makes a diffrence.

You also don't have to be a guru in a product to help. Example myself, I am not a product expert but I can point individuals to information sources like CustomerSource or someones blog to help the customer or partner get going in the right direction.

Around your suggestion on breaking down the forums in to diffrent catergories. We did that in the past with our forums and the activity never took off in these sub-forums. It seemed that there were to many option for the users to pick and they would still post in the main product forum. This was over a 2 year period so it's not like this was a short trial.  

Again thank you for the suggestions here. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban