Learning Microsoft Dynamics

• Hi there, I am an individual software professional located in India in which my company is not involved in Microsoft Dynamics. But as an Individual, am interested to learn Microsoft Dynamics and very much likely to turn my career in Microsoft Dynamics once if am learned. Can you guys direct me from where as an individual i can learn Microsoft Dynamics in India (particularly in Chennai, since am there). How much it costs? I wanted to get it learned and certified too. I am very much new to Microsoft Dynamics. I have some basic knowledge in C# Programming. Apart from this, i came to know there are various products within Microsoft Dynamics like AX, CRM, NAV etc. Also, guys please let me know which one i can learn as from scratch and get certified so that i pursue my career in that too. I searched from internet regarding my queries which i asked above but turned with no fruitful results. Please, please guide me in this.
  • Gopal,
    I would take a look at the e-learning site here: https://www.microsoftelearning.com/ . Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Hi Nick, Thanks for your reply. I glanced through e-learning site in which i found microsoft dynamics has split into training like installation and configuration, customization etc. But what i need to know is out of several instances of Microsoft dynamics like AX, NAV, CRM etc which one i can choose and learn. Moreover, is there any possibility of learning particular Dynamics product like AX at a single shot instead of learning AX into split training sessions like installation, configuration, etc like said above.
  • Gopal,
    Let me do some asking around to see if I can find some additional information.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Gopal,
    After asking around I don't think there is a one shot course. The Microsoft Dynamics products are too complex for a one shot training session, so that is the reason why they break the courses down into smaller sections like installation and configuration. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Nick, Thanks for your effort to enquire for me. Thanks much. Can you please clarify me on the following: 1. Which Dynamics product i can choose to learn to start with. I am basically an Engineering Graduate and presently working as automation tester using VSTS working for an Engineering Quality management software. can you help me in choosing the right product to learn and proceed with. 2. From Elearning site, i have come to know several items. I am really confused on which one to choose first. For example if am going to learn Dynamics NAV and to start with which order i have to learn like Introduction, modules in NAV, etc. Hope you understand my 2 question. Sorry to disturb you and thanks much.
  • Gopal,
    Sorry for the delay here. I am not real familiar with what product line you should be starting with. After doing some digging I did find this e-mail address: learnmgr@microsoft.com I am not sure they would be able to assist with getting you started in the right direction. You also might want to check out the Microsoft.com/dynamics site: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/en/us/products.aspx to learn more about each product to see which product fits what you are trying to accomplish.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Nick, Thanks for the reply and Email id too. I just have sent a mail to that ID on my queries. Let us look after the reply. Apart from this i dig into Microsoft India website and come to know some partners are providing training and implementation on this. Website: http://www.microsoft.com/india/dynamics/training.aspx. Hope these guys will do best on dynamics. I am gonna inquire with this organization and back here to share what they are upto.
  • Gopal,
    I am glad to hear you found these partners. Looking forward to hearing how this works for you.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban

• Hi All,

I am based in Australia and I am interested in doing an e-learning course (collection 80024 - Trade and Logistics) in Dynamics AX 2009. Can anyone tell that this e-learning course includes access to actual Dynamics AX application or is it just a collection of training material?

Since I already have multiple years of consulting experince in other ERP softwares, my focus is to learn the product. I am certainly not looking for basic information.

Regards,

Vinay

• Vinay,

I took a look in the e-learning catalog and might also want to look at Collection: 80025 . I the training material they have  the option to Challenge yourself which will bring you into the product line. To go through what you just covered in the training.

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,
    Nick Hoban