Question Status

Verified
Jay Patel asked a question on 3 May 2013 11:05 AM

Hello Friends,

One of are user in accounting was working on "Receivables Batch Entry" within GP and her GP application froze, So she had to close GP and reopen it while she was in middle of working on Receivables Batch Entry.

When she tried again to open that payment number that she lost, she gets message saying "This batch is being edited". Is there way to find that payment number or delete that payment number and redo all over again within GP?

Below is the print screen message when other user was looking for that same payment/receipt number.

Please help.

Thanks,

Jay

Verified Answer
Richard Wheeler responded on 3 May 2013 12:25 PM

At the end of the day when no one is in GP, go into SSMS and run

DELETE DYNAMICS..ACTIVITY

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801

DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK

DELETE TEMPDB.DEX_SESSION

This will clear all temporary work and should clear the session that has a lock on this transaction.

This has been a bad week for this kind of stuff. I have had to field over a dozen of these.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Verified Answer
Victoria Yudin responded on 15 May 2013 11:05 AM

Jay,

Reconcile for the Outstanding Document Amounts will look at all open transactions for that customer and recalculate the open amounts on each.

For example, let's say you have an invoice for $1000 with nothing applied to it. The Current Trx Amount on it is $1000.

When you start entering a cash receipt, as soon as you click the checkbox to apply that cash receipt to the invoice, the Current Trx Amount on the invoice will change. So...if your cash receipt is $500 and you apply it to the invoice in our example, the invoice's Current Trx Amount becomes $500. This happens right away, so that the person sitting next to you cannot go in and at the same time enter another cash receipt for the same invoice for $1000, resulting in $1500 applied to a $1000 invoice.

If the cash receipt is deleted, the invoice's Current Trx Amount will get updated back to what it was before the cash receipt. However, in your case, the user crashed out or lost connection to the server while entering the cash receipt, so it was neither saved, nor deleted and the invoice was never updated properly. Check Links will clear out the cash receipt, but usually it will not fix the Current Trx Amount on the invoice, so in this example, it will still be $500, even though there is no longer a valid cash receipt for the other $500.

Reconcile will look at that invoice, recognize that there is nothing applied to it and will change the Current Trx Amount back to $1000.

If you are not sure of the impact, you could test this in a test environment and/or work with your GP partner or GP support to make sure that you get to the resolution you need.

Suggested Answer
Richard L. Whaley responded on 3 May 2013 11:11 AM

You need to open the SY0500 table in MS Sql and browse to the line holding the batch name.  Then look for the column Batch Status (BCHSTTS I think) and set it to 0)  Then you can work with the batch.

If the user was posting, check the first few transactions to make sure they are not yet posted.

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Suggested Answer
Victoria Yudin responded on 10 May 2013 1:27 AM

I would recommend running Reconcile on the outstanding amounts to clear that up:

- GP | Tools | Utilities | Sales | Reconcile

- Change the setting to Outstanding Document Amounts under the Reconcile section

- Change the Range to use the Customer ID in question in the From and To

- Click Process

Suggested Answer
Richard L. Whaley responded on 3 May 2013 11:11 AM

You need to open the SY0500 table in MS Sql and browse to the line holding the batch name.  Then look for the column Batch Status (BCHSTTS I think) and set it to 0)  Then you can work with the batch.

If the user was posting, check the first few transactions to make sure they are not yet posted.

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

Jay Patel responded on 3 May 2013 11:32 AM

Also, How to check if the batch is recoverable?

Jay Patel responded on 3 May 2013 11:53 AM

Hello Richard,

I can not find that batch name under SY00500 table for that company. But I can see BACHNUMB for that payment type (which is Batch ID in GP) which contains more then 1  payment records (NUMOFTRX = 7) are included. Also BCHSTTS is already set to 0.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
Richard Wheeler responded on 3 May 2013 12:25 PM

At the end of the day when no one is in GP, go into SSMS and run

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801

DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK

This will clear all temporary work and should clear the session that has a lock on this transaction.

This has been a bad week for this kind of stuff. I have had to field over a dozen of these.

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Jay Patel responded on 3 May 2013 12:37 PM

Hello Richard,

I will perform above task tonight and I will let you know following Monday if this helped to resolve my issue.

Thanks for your quick respond.

Regards,

Jay

Jay Patel responded on 9 May 2013 1:27 PM

Hello Richard,

At the end of the day when no one was in GP, I perform below task by going into SSMS and run

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801

DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK

This did clear all temporary work. The payment does not appear in GP under the Customer; however, it does appear on the invoice level.

Is there way to clear that payment from everywhere to avoid any issues during the cash reconciliation process?

Thanks,

Jay

Richard Wheeler responded on 9 May 2013 2:23 PM

So when you go to Inquiry->Sales->Transactions by Customer you do not see this payment? When you say you see it on the Invoice Level, what do you mean? You can try running Check Links on the Sales module to see if it clears things up.

Suggested Answer
Victoria Yudin responded on 10 May 2013 1:27 AM

I would recommend running Reconcile on the outstanding amounts to clear that up:

- Change the setting to Outstanding Document Amounts under the Reconcile section

- Click Process

Jay Patel responded on 15 May 2013 9:40 AM

I already ran check links on the Sales module to clears things up on same day when I deleted temporary work from databases. But that payment still there on invoice level.

User made notations regarding these error so that they do not have any issues during the cash reconciliation process.

Thanks,

Jay

Jay Patel responded on 15 May 2013 9:52 AM

Hello Victoriayudin,

I do not know exactly what will happen if I run Reconcile on the outstanding amounts. Does that clear up only that transaction?

On the other hand user have made notations regarding these error so that they do not have any issues during the cash reconciliation process. So I do not know if I can still run Reconcile on the outstanding amounts?

Thanks,

Jay

Verified Answer
Victoria Yudin responded on 15 May 2013 11:05 AM

Jay,

Reconcile for the Outstanding Document Amounts will look at all open transactions for that customer and recalculate the open amounts on each.

For example, let's say you have an invoice for $1000 with nothing applied to it. The Current Trx Amount on it is $1000.

When you start entering a cash receipt, as soon as you click the checkbox to apply that cash receipt to the invoice, the Current Trx Amount on the invoice will change. So...if your cash receipt is $500 and you apply it to the invoice in our example, the invoice's Current Trx Amount becomes $500. This happens right away, so that the person sitting next to you cannot go in and at the same time enter another cash receipt for the same invoice for $1000, resulting in $1500 applied to a $1000 invoice.

If the cash receipt is deleted, the invoice's Current Trx Amount will get updated back to what it was before the cash receipt. However, in your case, the user crashed out or lost connection to the server while entering the cash receipt, so it was neither saved, nor deleted and the invoice was never updated properly. Check Links will clear out the cash receipt, but usually it will not fix the Current Trx Amount on the invoice, so in this example, it will still be $500, even though there is no longer a valid cash receipt for the other $500.

Reconcile will look at that invoice, recognize that there is nothing applied to it and will change the Current Trx Amount back to $1000.

If you are not sure of the impact, you could test this in a test environment and/or work with your GP partner or GP support to make sure that you get to the resolution you need.

Jay Patel responded on 15 May 2013 1:38 PM

Thank you Victoria, This is really nice explanation.

So for next time if this happen then the steps I should follow as below to clear that payment right?

1) At the end of the day when no one was in GP, I perform below task by going into SSMS and run

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00800

DELETE DYNAMICS..SY00801

DELETE TEMPDB..DEX_LOCK

2) Perform Check Links on the Sales module to see if it clears things up.

3) running Reconcile on the outstanding amounts.

- Click Process

Thanks,

Jay