Can't see network drives when saving a file from GP in Windows 7

This question is not answered

I recently installed GP 10.0 on a windows 7 client and everything appears to be working correctly, except when I try to print to an adobe file; I cannot see any of my networked drives in the save file window. Does anyone else have GP installed on windows 7, and have you had any problems with saving to network drives? Any ideas are appreciated.

All Replies
  • Hi Ravioli Are you able to access the network locations outside GP? Regards Siva

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Siva - Dynamics GP MVP (2010 - 2012)

•  Yes, from the Computer view everything shows up, and from other application when saving files everything works properly. Only in GP does it not show up. We can browse through the network to get to the folder location, but none of her pre-mapped networked drives appear in the Network Location list.

• I have the exact same problem.  We upgraded our server and client workstations.  Now, even though we have mapped network drives that are accessible in all applications, in MS Dynamics GP 10 SP3, no mapped drive appears to save or open reports.  I can traverse via the network neighborhood to access the shared folder.

• I have the same problem with Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) 2.0.0127 on both of my Windows 7 workstations.

I have 20 or so XP machines with zero trouble and even a Win 2k machine without trouble. The Windows 7 machines can see the same drive letter share in other applications, such as Word.  In RMS only, the Windows 7 PCs cannot read or write to that same shared drive letter. In my case, the path might be a folder to contain my RMS reports, such as R:\system\reports\storeOps\    

If this is affecting Win7 with GP and Win7 with RMS, surely there is some common solution.

• We still have this problem.  At first I couldn't find anyone else who had it though. :)  Anyone find a solution?

Thanks

• I still have this issue. Other than this, our network has been rock solid for months. C'mon Microsoft. This is preventing me from buying Windows 7.

Is it just a matter of following a best practice and transitioning from mapped drive letters to UNC paths? Anybody got a KB?