Question Status

Verified
Shady Kaaky asked a question on 18 Jan 2011 9:03 AM

Hi, I'm using GP 10.0 and I recently upgraded to  SP5.

Now, I'm having an issue related to cash receitps and bank deposits. When I post a cash receipt using cheque as payment and posting it without using a batch, the receipt doesn't show up in the bank deposit entry window; however when I enter a receipt as cash it does show and what is strange is that when I enter a receipt as cheque and post it using a batch it DOES appear in bank deposit entry window.

what is the difference between posting a cash receipt with or without a batch?

Cash receipt not appearing in Bank deposit - cheque posted without a batch

any help? Thanks

Verified Answer
Shady Kaaky responded on 7 Feb 2011 9:34 AM

Thanks Brian,

Disabling Payment Document Management fixes the problem but the issue comes back once I re-enable Payment Document Management.

Disabling/Enableing Cash flow management didn't have any effect on cash receipts but could it be affecting other modules? should I disable it or is there anything special that I have to do?

Thanks again.

Brian Wick responded on 25 Jan 2011 7:20 AM

Hi Shady,

Thanks for your post.

I just tested this issue on SP5 for GP 10.0 and was unable to recreate the issue.  Do you happen to use Analytical Accounting?  There is a posting setting in AA options called 'Post Cash Receipt deposits automatically in BR'.  If you do have AA, is this option marked?  We have had bugs with this option in the past causing cash receipts to not flow properly to Bank Rec.

Please let me know if this is the case.

Thank you,

Brian Wick

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Shady Kaaky responded on 3 Feb 2011 12:36 PM

Hi Brain,

Yes, I do have AA installed and I verified the option you mentioned, it was unchecked.

I tried with this option checked but that didn't make any difference.

What I find strange is that when I create/post through a batch the receipt shows in the BR.

Could it be something related to the posting options?

Thanks.

Leslie Vail responded on 4 Feb 2011 10:46 PM

Recently another user had this problem and it turned out to be an issue with the cash management module. Do you have that module installed?

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Shady Kaaky responded on 7 Feb 2011 8:57 AM

Hi Leslie,

Yes, I do have Cash flow management installed. Actually, recently I entered new keys and I clicked on validate and register All. I'm not sure whether this module was enabled or not before I enetered the new keys.

Do you think it has any effect?

What should I do in this case?

Thanks.

Brian Wick responded on 7 Feb 2011 9:17 AM

Hi Shady,

Try temporarily disabling Cash Flow Management through Customization Status to see if that truly is the cause.  You can do this through Tools>>Customize>>Customization Status.  Test out the issue once the module is disabled to see if the issue persists.  

Another module that has been known to cause issues is Payment Document Management.  If you have that module installed, I would try to temporarily disable that module as well.

Thank you,

Brian Wick

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Verified Answer
Shady Kaaky responded on 7 Feb 2011 9:34 AM

Thanks Brian,

Disabling Payment Document Management fixes the problem but the issue comes back once I re-enable Payment Document Management.

Disabling/Enableing Cash flow management didn't have any effect on cash receipts but could it be affecting other modules? should I disable it or is there anything special that I have to do?

Thanks again.

Shady Kaaky responded on 7 Feb 2011 10:49 AM

Hi Brain,

For those transaction that didn't show in the Bank deposit, is there a way to manually transfer them to Bank deposit so the Bank rec. balances with the GL?

Brian Wick responded on 7 Feb 2011 11:41 AM

Hi Shady,

If don't plan on using PDM, you could remove it from Add/Remove Programs if you wish or just remove it from the DYNAMICS.set file following KB 872087 to permanently disable it.  

872087 How to disable third-party products in the Dynamics.set file in Microsoft Dynamics GP

mbs.microsoft.com/.../KBDisplay.aspx

As far as I know, we don't have any open bugs on Cash Flow Management that seem to be causing an issue like what you are encountering, but from what Leslie mentioned from her client it can cause issues.  If you don't use the module or plan to use it in the future, you could also remove it from Add/Remove or just remove it from the DYNAMICS.set file.  Just make sure you have a copy of the DYNAMICS.set file prior to making any changes to it in case you need to revert back to it.

For the missing cash receipts, you'll have to enter them manually in Bank Rec.  You can enter one big deposit without receipts that totals the amount of the missing receipts by going to Transactions>>Financial>>Bank Deposits or you can enter in individual receipts by going to Transactions>>Financial>>Bank Transactions.  Choose Enter Receipts and then your Type which will allow you to enter in each  missing receipt.  Then you can go back to Bank Deposit Entry and Deposit the receipts.  This will be a lengthy option.

Both options should update the current checkbook balance once deposited.  Make sure you do not post through to the GL if you enter Bank Transactions as this will create GL batches.  Most likely your cash account balance was updated when the cash receipts GL Batch posted from RM.  You'll want to verify that because you will not want to post to the GL twice.  If the cash account/GL is correct, then be sure to delete any batches created from Bank Rec as you don't want to update the GL again.

Thank you,

Brian Wick

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Shady Kaaky responded on 10 Feb 2011 9:01 AM

Thanks a lot Brain,

I will remove PDM from the Dynamics.set and redistribute the modified file to all users since we install client version on user's machines.

As for the missing cash receipts, I will have them re-entered into the bank rec but I've also noticed that this issue affected the voided payments as well.

Voided payments in the checkbook were shown at zero original currency but the correct functional currency.

I'm still trying to find a work around this issue, if you have any idea how to fix these voided payments please let me know. Do you know which tables voided payments use in case I can fix the issue through SQL.

Thanks again Brain,

Regards,

Shady

Brian Wick responded on 11 Feb 2011 8:55 AM

Hi Shady,

If you voided MC payments from Payables, then that information would be in the MC020103, CM20200, PM30200, & PM30600 tables.  You could review these tables to ensure all of the information is correct in them.  Most likely the problem is going to be in the MC020103, but I am just speculating by your description.  I would need to see table results of the payments to confirm the best approach to tackling this and to do that you would need to open a support case.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

Brian Wick

Microsoft Dynamics GP

Noni responded on 8 Jan 2014 5:32 PM

We are running GP 2013. Cash Receipts posted with payment method = Cheque are not appearing in Bank Deposit Entry unless they are posted in a batch.

Disabling both Cashflow Mgmt and Payment Doc Mgmt have not had any impact on this bug.

I would like to know if any other customers are experiencing this issue, and if they are just working around it by posting Cash Receipts in batches?

Ideally I would like the bug troubleshooted and resolved by Microsoft as it would seem it has been around since at least GP10.

Noni responded on 8 Jan 2014 6:05 PM

Unfortunately I do not have a full work around as previously stated.

Cheque payments only appear as Bank Deposits when posted in a Sales Transaction batch. Cheque payments posted in a Cash Receipts batch do not update onto Bank Deposit list.

I need help on this. Anyone?