how uploading an amended set of nominal code descriptions

This question is not answered

I currently have a complete set of nominal codes and descriptions across 23 seperate databases, work has been done on standardising these account descriptions.

I would like to be able to upload this amended set of account descriptions?

Any help would be appreciated.

All Replies
  • Your options are:

Integration Manager (If you own it - If this is a new install, you probably have IM for Conversions (free product for 90 days)).

Write a Macro to import them.

If they areexactly the same across all companies, and you are not yet using these companies - use the Copy Company untility once the first company is set up.

Use eConnect (probably not worth the bother for a once off import).

Best regards,

Ian.

Ian Stewart MVP - International support for Dynamics GP. Local knowledge, local timelines, local GP talent. Genesys Financial Systems (Europe) Microsoft Gold Certified Partner http://dynamicsgp.wordpress.com/

• Are you saying these 23 companies have already been created in GP with existing account numbers and descriptions and now you have an updated list of account descriptions you wish to deploy to these 23 companies? If so, a simply SQL script will take care of that. If you need help creating it just let me know.

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• Richard is 100% correct - shold have read your post closer. If its just the descriptions you need to update, a big query may be your best solution. All you need is to have the Account Number and New Description in XL and you can use ths to generate a query you can copy into SQL and run.

Ian.

Ian Stewart MVP - International support for Dynamics GP. Local knowledge, local timelines, local GP talent. Genesys Financial Systems (Europe) Microsoft Gold Certified Partner http://dynamicsgp.wordpress.com/