Question Status

Verified
Bab asked a question on 8 Oct 2011 1:21 PM

I have a batch on my live system and getting the below error when trying to post.

"This transaction contains error. It wont be posted. "

I moved the data to the test system to find the real issue and when posted the batch there, it worked fine. It posted without any issue.

Anyone have any idea what could be the error. How to find the detail of the issue? Please help.

Verified Answer
Ian Grieve responded on 9 Oct 2011 12:46 AM

If you open the transaction and print the edit list (print icon in the top right of the transaction entry screen) this should tell you what the error is.

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
Equinox House, Cobalt 3.2, Silver Fox Lane, Silverlink, North Tyneside, NE27 0QJ, United Kingdom

Verified Answer
Sivakumar Venkataraman responded on 10 Oct 2011 6:20 AM

Hello Bab,

Ian is spot on. Run the Edit List report by selecting the transaction and click on the print icon on the top right corner of the window). This report will let you know the details of the error(s) which is(are) preventing your transaction to post.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks & Regards

Siva - Dynamics GP MVP (2010 - 2012)

Bab responded on 10 Oct 2011 1:58 PM

Thanks Ian and siva!!..

Bab responded on 11 Oct 2011 9:20 AM

Siva and Ian, when I print the edit report all i get is

"This transaction contains error. It wont be posted. "

Is there any other ways to find the more detail cause of this issue?

Sivakumar Venkataraman responded on 11 Oct 2011 9:41 AM

Hello Bab

Can you delete the transaction in question and enter it again to see if that resolves the issue?

Thanks & Regards

Bab responded on 11 Oct 2011 10:57 AM

Siva there are other invoices too that are affected so i can't delete them.

The difference between those invoices and other invoices are that they dont have a primary address code. I dont think it is required for posting but can we setup a GP and make it required for posting? How we do that in GP? or How we check if Primary address code is required for posting?

If you know please share.

Thanks

Ian Grieve responded on 12 Oct 2011 1:12 AM

Hi Bab,

Usually the Transaction Edit List specifies what the errors are.

You don't need an Address ID or Remit-To-ID on the invoice but if there is one then it can be any address from the creditor/vendor.

Other things to check;

• The distributions all contain valid codes

• Distribution values are correct

• Codes are not inactive

• Codes have not been flagged as Allow Account Entry=False since they were added

• The financial period is open

Equinox House, Cobalt 3.2, Silver Fox Lane, Silverlink, North Tyneside, NE27 0QJ, United Kingdom

Tariq Aziz responded on 12 Oct 2011 1:35 AM

Hi Bab,

It`s seldoom that there`s message ("This transaction contains error. It wont be posted.") on top of the batch edit list and ther`s no error description with Transactions/Description. Normally when you open editlist for batch having errors you will find detail error descriptions with ** at the start of string. In larger batches I normaill find text "**" using Ctrl+ F to find the error stiring. did you try finding the lines??

Can you give a little details like:

1) What is the module(POP, SOP, PM, RM, IV)?

2) What types of transactions are there in the bach(sales Invoice, Debit memo etc)

such information can help us tracing the issue.

Thanks

Tariq Aziz Techno-Functional Consultant MSGP IM: tariqziz@hotmail.com tariqziz@gmail.com Mail: tariq_erp@yahoo.com
Marisol Carlassare responded on 29 Nov 2012 4:03 PM

Hi Bab,

maybe if it is a sales transaction, you could check if the Inventory items has the Cost of Good sold account on the setup.

If they don't have it you should put it line by line (Item By Item) on the transaction.They doesn't appear in the transaction distribution but  they are required in posting sales transactions.

Regards

Victoria Yudin responded on 30 Nov 2012 1:38 AM

I agree with Tariq, if the exact error message is really "This transaction contains error. It wont be posted.", then this is not a GP error message I have ever seen.  Perhaps there is a 3rd party product or customization that is giving that error?  From the other posts in this thread it sounds like this is an SOP invoice?  If so, the Batch Edit List should give you a lot more detail on what the issue is, usually it is inline with the transaction details.  

Verified Answer
Ian Grieve responded on 9 Oct 2011 12:46 AM

If you open the transaction and print the edit list (print icon in the top right of the transaction entry screen) this should tell you what the error is.

Verified Answer
Sivakumar Venkataraman responded on 10 Oct 2011 6:20 AM

Hello Bab,

Ian is spot on. Run the Edit List report by selecting the transaction and click on the print icon on the top right corner of the window). This report will let you know the details of the error(s) which is(are) preventing your transaction to post.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards