Managment Reporter 2012 Installation

This question is answered
I have created a test image which is an active directory server. I have successfully installed the Application Service and the Process Service. However, it always fails when creating the Dynamics GP Connector. I am logged in as the domain admin. This is the error I am getting. Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.Common.ReportingPermissionException: You don't have permission to perform this operation. at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.Security.Service.SecureServiceBase.SecureExecuteInternal[TResult](Func`1 hasPermission, Func`1 executor) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.Common.Service.ServiceBase.BaseExecute[TResult](Func`1 executor) Component: Microsoft.Dynamics.Performance.Reporting.DataAccess.Server.CompanyService User: MyDomain\Administrator What is causing this and how do I get around this?

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

Verified Answer
  • Hi Richard,

The user running the configuration console needs to be an Administrator in Management Reporter in order to import companies. Most likely you are logged in as the domain administrator, but either ugpraded a MR database where this user was not a MR user, or you created a new database and selected some other user as the MR Administrator. Please log onto this machine as the user you selected as the MR Administrator, and then you will be able to import companies.

Thanks

Ryan

All Replies
  • Have you made sure the domain part of the username is in capitals?

e.g. MYDOMAIN\Administrator

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
    Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
    Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
    1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom

• Hi Richard,

The user running the configuration console needs to be an Administrator in Management Reporter in order to import companies. Most likely you are logged in as the domain administrator, but either ugpraded a MR database where this user was not a MR user, or you created a new database and selected some other user as the MR Administrator. Please log onto this machine as the user you selected as the MR Administrator, and then you will be able to import companies.

Thanks

Ryan