GP dynamics 2010 Business Analyzer Installation issue of connecting server

This question is not answered

Hi Friends,

I am trying to resolve my issues since 3 days day and night but no luck ... hopefully someone helps here.

-- I am trying to install GP dynamics business analyzer 2010.

Business analyzer installation directory has 3 folders.

1. BusinessAnalyzer.exe

2. BusinessAnalyzer.pdf

3. Microsoft_Dynamics_BusinessAnalyzer_x86_en-us.msi

-- Ran 1. BusinessAnalyzer.exe file ... entered my Webservice URL of SSRS ... (To view finance/accounting reports)

-- Installation completed without any error.

*** Issue: When I try to run MS Dynamics GP BA ... it keeps telling me connecting to server (Error loading server error appears).

***Also appears "Could not connect to configuration report, Do you want to change your configuration" ... I press YES ... Unable to find Report configuration ... Then current role, change role screen appears with connecting server on right side.

Please help.

Thank you.

All Replies
  • dhavalpatel9999,

Thanks for using the newsgroups.  I have a few questions and comments.

• When installing the Business Analyzer, please do so from the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 splash screen (running setup.exe).  This will ensure that you have loaded all the prerequisites.
    • What version of Dynamics GP are you using?  Is it Dynamics GP 2010 R2? 
    • Have you used Dynamics GP to deploy reports?  If so, how have you deployed them (native or SharePoint Integrated mode)?
    • What is the url you provided in the Business Analyzer installation?
    • If you navigate to your srs url, do you see "Configuration Report"?  This is used by the Business Analyzer for role/report assignments.
    • What level of access has your user been given to the srs reports?

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Hi Rob,

Thanks for digging more into this.

1. I did install 2010 and 2010 R2 versions using admin account but neither of those work ... error loading server appears.

2. SSRS reports deployed using native user mode. The URL provided in Business Analyzer installation was web service URL of SSRS server which I copied from Reporting Services Configuration.

3. I receive error like: Unable to connect configuration manager. (After pressing YES on couple of error messages, I see Microsoft Dynamics GP Business Analyzer configuration, where I do see User Information and Report Selection on left side panel but on right side I see connecting to server).

4. I am admin myself and trying to resolve this error before I assign any roles.

Please advise.

Thanks

• dhavalpatel9999,

Thanks for the update.  What version of Dynamics GP are you using?  More specifically, what version of Dynamics GP did you deploy reports from?  The Business Analyzer is looking for a report at the root of your report server call "Configuration Report".  This is new as of Dynamics GP 2010 R2.

Here's a blog with some details:  blogs.msdn.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-gp-business-analyzer-part-1.aspx.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]

•  

On launching Business Analyzer, we were also getting error. We did some troubleshooting and finally were able to resolve the issue.  

1.       Check Report Server path in Business Analyzer config file.

-          Business Analyzer config file is placed in Business Analyzer installation folder

-          And the path is not encrypted

-          Check if config file points to correct Report Server

2.       Try launching Report Server in internet explorer

If you are getting error then it means you do not have permission in Report Server

Business Analyzer launches the SSRS Report deployed on Report Server, so if an user do not have proper access to Report Server, he may not be able to access or establish connection with Business Analyzer

3.       Give permission in Report Server

a)      Open Report Manager (if you are not sure about the path, open it from Reporting Services Configuration Manager)

b)      Home >> Site Settings

Select Security tab

Click New Role Assignment

Add the user and give permission

c)       Home >> Folder Settings

Click New Role Assignment

Add the user and give permissions

Regards,
    Tina 

• Hi Tina,

Thank you, but above solution did not work. I have SA permission on both sql side as well as on report manager.

Hi Rob,

Trying to Install GP Dynamics business analyzer 2010 version.

+ other issue is we see really see small images of reports, not sure where to set default zoom size.

Please see my error below: (Initially displays connecting server and then after sometime says, could not connect to configuration server)

Please help ... Thank You.

• Hi dhavalpatel9999 ,

Please check out this article for the error you are getting. It might help..

www.isolutionspartners.com/.../SSRS-GP-2010-R2-Reports-and-Business-Analyzer-Configuration.aspx

Regards,

Tina

• Hi Tina,

Based on your mentioned link,

How do I get Reporting Tools Setup for my dynamics GP 2010? Where do I find that? Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

Dhaval

• Hi Dhaval,

Microsoft Dynamics >> Tools >> Set up >> System >> Reporting Tools Setup

• Hi Tina,

1. I am trying this on my local/client machine. Do I need to setup that on my Server as I do not have whole GP Dynamics on my machine/client neither server?

2. Do I need to install whole MS Dynamics 2010 in order to use business analyzer? (I was under impression that I can install only Business analyzer on my client machine or server machine in order to use just BA).

Thank you,

Dhaval

• Hi Dhaval,

It seems you could not find this window in GP. Am I correct? Can you please tell what permissions/security role you have in GP? When you login to GP, do you see all the administrator and set up windows? Can you login to GP using sa?

And you do not need the entire GP on your workstation to use BA. Just login to GP from any workstation and publish reports.

Regards,

Tina

• dhavalpatel9999,

The error message that is returned by the Business Analyzer leads me to believe one of two things.

• "Configuration Report" does not exist.  If you navigate to the root of your report server (url entered while installing Business Analyzer), you should see this report.  If you don't, that explains this error.  If you do, see next...
    • You don't have access to the "Configuration Report".  If you don't have access to this report, it's fairly likely that you don't have access to others as well.  The Business Analyzer uses this report for assigning default reports based on the role selected by the user. 

As I mentioned in a previous post, "Configuration Report" is a new report as of Dynamics GP 2010 R2.  You'll need to use that version and deploy reports to get it.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]

• Hi Rob/Tina/Friends,

Issue still persists.

Note: Installed myself SQL Server and GP with admin account. It should not be the access issue.

Even though issue appears, I could see reports on business analyzer after pressing ok to few errors, BUT the reports appearing on business analyzer are REALLY TINY, SMALL zoom wise.

What change should I make to resolve display issue of small reports. Feeling like, getting stressful using this newer product with lot of bugs on it. Trying to reach out Microsoft and taking longer.

Please advise friends.

Thanks.

• dhavalpatel9999,

We're happy to help on the newsgroups, but we need you to provide more information.  

You need to do the following at a minimum, and I still don't know if you've done these things.

• Install and configure Dynamics GP 2010 R2.  I highlight "R2" because the Business Analyzer depends on this version of Dynamics GP.
    • Deploy reports using Dynamics GP.  Navigation is Tools > Setup > Reporting Tools Setup.  Since you didn't know where this was, I'm guessing it was part of your initial problem.
    • Install Business Analyzer and configure for your environment. 

The Business Analyzer has been developed to work well with our default reports.  You can use it with any custom reports, but you should use some default reports as an example.  If you don't size your reports like the default ones (3.15 X 4.15), they will look small or large in the Business Analyzer.  Navigating through the default reports to Financial > Charts and KPIs > Gross Profits YTD would be a good example for sizing.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Bernhardt [MSFT]