I have got a question ,I have a client who wants to show the remit to address on the PM Transaction Posting Journal. In the previous versions adding the vendor address worked, but now there is a table that holds the selected information. However, that table, PM10300 Payment Work is not associated with the default report.I know there is a way to link the table but I can’t seem to figure it out.
In Report Writer if the table is not part of the report query, there is no way to add any other table manually without using some sort of code (i.e. VBA)... I have a report in PDK for Timesheets and it only shows the EmployeeID, but not the full name, so it's sometime very difficult to guess who's affected when there is an error.. I tried to link the Payroll master table to get the full Name out of it and it actually works fine when running the report right after you modified it in Report Writer, but it than fails later on when the report is called by the process with an SQL error 'invalid field name' (or something similar)...
This has gotten very difficult as MS changed several reports in recent version updates to use temporary tables based on views (?) over which you have no control, so it makes it very tough to add fields from other tables. Try to use SSRS, Excel or Crystal Report to replicate that report outside of GP, there you have much more flexibility.
-- Enjoy the Life+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ Beat BUCHER Dynamics GP 2010R2 Business Analystwww.fti-ibis.com +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
Hi Victor –
Thank you for using Microsoft Online Communities. I understand that you are trying to add your vendor’s remit to address to your PM Transaction Posting Journal report. It is possible to create the modification that you are looking for. I’ve tested the following steps and they did pull the vendor’s remit-to address onto my PM Transaction Posting Journal report.
1. Open Report Writer.
2. Click the tables dropdown, and then tables.
3. Locate "Pm_Transaction_work" in the list and click open.
4. Click the Relationships button.
5. Click "New"
6. Find the "PM Address MSTR" table for the secondary table
7. Select the first key for the secondary table key.
8. Link the following primary table keys to the secondary table:
Vendor Id -> Vendor ID
Vendor Address Code - Remit to -> Address Code
9. Open the Report Definition window for the PM Transaction Posting Journal
10. Click the Tables button.
11. Highlight the Pm Transaction Work File table in the table relations list, and click "New"
12. Select the PM Address MSTR table and click ok.
13. In the Layout of the report, choose the PM address Mstr table from the toolbox dropdown and drag the address lines where you would like them on the report.
Microsoft Dynamics GP
This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13