Question Status

Verified
Rick H asked a question on 4 Mar 2013 1:17 PM

Hello All,

So I just got our licenses for GP2013 and I am rumbling through a test setup of it.  I have a server  running windows std 2012 with sql 2012 fully patched (all x64).  I have added the GP 2013 client to it and found a big problem.  In customersource it says the only support for me v10.00.1868 to go to GP2013 is with the latest patch KB2799678.  However I have tried this twice, when I install this patch it corrupts my GP installation and cannot see the DYNAMICS database anymore.  When I log into GP utils it prompts to create system database and fails and says "system database was not supplied.  Run a repair"  So I go to repair and I get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".  same error when I try to uninstall.

I have tried it twice.  The second time I launched GP Utils before the patch but it warns me '7131 not supported on this one' (Canadian Payroll) and kicks me out so I install the patch and boom cant even see the system database.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance,

(DEX log attached)

Rick

Verified Answer
Rick H responded on 5 Mar 2013 1:14 PM

In case any one is trying to upgrade and has Canadian payroll this is a bug after dealing with Microsoft.  It required a registry edit and a dex edit and repair :)

Zaza responded on 5 Jul 2013 12:11 PM

Thank you for posting the answer... I'm currently installing GP2013 and we are using Canadian Payroll..But unlike you, I'm installing on Win2008 and SQL2008.  Canadian Payroll seems to be running but I did not do a full test pay yet..I'm waiting for my Partner to upgrade our CPY customization.  I do not know much companies that uses CPY so I'm curious to see how your users like GP2013.

Rick H responded on 5 Jul 2013 12:15 PM

It is fixed in the service pack 1.  this was prior.  No issues with live upgrade and our users like it so far.

Verified Answer
Rick H responded on 5 Mar 2013 1:14 PM

In case any one is trying to upgrade and has Canadian payroll this is a bug after dealing with Microsoft.  It required a registry edit and a dex edit and repair :)