I am attemtping to Import GL Transactions into DynamicsGP using the eOne Smartconnect software, and continually get econnect time out issues.
The file consists of around 78,000 line, with 8 different dates, so group by the date.
The GL Line appear to get imported, but times-out on the Header, which is strange given there are only about 8 - 10 Headers.
The eConnect message states: "The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding."
The Smartconnect message states: "Object '/4cea1575_ceb9_40be_b0d9_f03106640530/4yll07hifejjwaagk0i2zroq_404.rem' has been disconnected or does not exist at the server."
I tried increasing the sql server time-put, but no success.
It appears the transaction gets a lock during the import and cannot cope for some reason.
I tried splitting the GL Line and GL Header into different Import Maps, but still no luck.
The issue does appear more eConnect then Smartconnect, and that either the GL Line or GL Header eConect Stored Procedures get hung up.
Any ideas appreciated.
It appears the issue is related to having MDA in use.
When an Account is assigned to an MDA Group, and Codes are assigned to the Group, each of the MDA Codes are added to the Journal during the GL Import, so if lots of accounts have MDA Codes assigned, each of the combinations are imported by the stored procedures, it is only when you run the update afterwards the MDA Codes not used for the transaction are deleted during posting.
When a large GL Journal is Imported and MDA is enabled, each Account assigned to the MDA Group is inserted into the DTA10100 and DTA10200 tables, so you can run into timeout issues as each of these records need to be processed.
To get around the issue I ran a script to update the MDA Analysis Type to "None" before the Import, then created a custom stored procedure to insert the MDA records and reset to the Type to "Optional", but broke these down to smaller imports, as you can still run into timeout issues.
Hopefully this discovery may assist others with similar issues.
I had a similar issue with SmartConnect where we were receiving the timeout error. I found that it had to do with the MSDTC timeout in Component Services. Ours was set to 60 seconds. I changed this to 900 seconds on the server receiving the transaction and the client computers sending the transaction.
In addition, I found you will also have to set the eConnect for Dynamics GP transaction timeout value in COM+. There is a good Microsoft KB article (link below), which explains how to do this. I hope this helps.
I checked the MSDTC on both Machines and this is set to Zero, so I assume there is no time-out.
There was no eConnect COM+ application, so I assume GP2010 isn't using the COM+ application.
I can remember on GP9 these settings caused issues.
With GP 2010 RTM, we did have an issue where on larger transactions, you would either receive a timeout error or a pipe is closed error. This was fixed on GP 2010 SP2 of econnect. If you are not on SP2 for econnect, I would recommend loading it and see if that takes care of the issue.
Installed the latest version 11.0.2052.0 and still receive the same issue.
Can get the Lines in with no problems, but even though the Header maybe only 6 lines, my opinion is that it gets hung up trying to calculate the Line information to update the Batch Total.
The machine is running at 100% memory usage, and then drops when the time-out is reached.
I reduced the lines in the file and processed with no issues. The lines were around 4,700 now only about 900 lines.
Have you tried taking the xml that you are sending and trying to send that through the direct doc sender? That would take smartconnect completely out of the picture. The Direct Doc sender is a sample app installed with econnect and is located in the Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics\Econnect 11.0\Econnect Samples\C Sharp Direct Doc Sender folder. It would be worth testing there to see if you have the same issue.
I would try the following
Add receiveTimeout="infinite" to the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect.Service.exe.config file for the eConnect Integration service. The binding section should resemble this:
<binding name="eConnectNamedPipeConfig" closeTimeout="00:10:00" sendTimeout="00:10:00" receiveTimeout ="infinite" transferMode="Buffered" hostNameComparisonMode="StrongWildcard" maxBufferPoolSize="2147483647" maxBufferSize="2147483647" maxReceivedMessageSize="2147483647"><readerQuotas maxDepth="60" maxStringContentLength="2147483647"maxArrayLength="2147483647" maxBytesPerRead="2147483647" maxNameTableCharCount="2147483647" /><security mode="Transport"><transport protectionLevel="EncryptAndSign" /></security>
Check the following in this file i.e. change the following from true to false if not already:
httpGetEnabled="false" in the eConnect Service .config file.
This setting is in the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.eConnect.Service.exe.config file which installs by default into
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\eConnect 11.0\Service in your client and server.
Here is the section:
<!--Leaves this to true in order to receive Exeption information in eConnect-->
<serviceDebug includeExceptionDetailInFaults="true" />
<!--This settings turns on Metadata Generation. Metadata allows for consumers to add service references in Visual Studio-->
<serviceMetadata httpGetEnabled="false" httpGetUrl="http://localhost/Microsoft/Dynamics/GP/eConnect/mex"/>
3. Restart Econnect Integration Service.
I am using SQL2008 and think the Project isVS2005, so I will need to get the VS installed.
Didn't make any difference to the integration.
Thanks for providing your ideas.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13