How to disable Delete button on Budget Selection window?

This question is answered

Hi,

We're on GP2010 SP3 and I have a request to disable all budget delete buttons so they don't get accidentally zapped.  I was able to disable the delete button on the budget maintenance window through filed level security but can't seem to find the budget selection window in there.

Here's what I would like disabled (Cards-->Financial-->Budgets).

Here's the Budget Maintenance screen showing the delete button I was able to disable via field level security.

Here's the resource explorer screen for field level security (Tools-->Setup-->System-->Field level Security).  I would expect "Budget Selection" to be one of the entries but it's not there.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
  • You are right, it is as if it was missing...

Another solution is to disable the Delete Button with a VBA script.  To do so:

1- Open the Budget Selection window.

2- Press CTRL+F11 to add the window to VB

3- Press SHIFT+F11 to add fields to VB.  Then click on the Delete button to add it to VB. Then press SHIFT+F11 again to stop adding fields.

4- Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor and open the BudgetSelection window from the Excel_Based_Budgeting project.

5- The code to disable the button is simple:  Delete.Enabled = False 

All Replies
  • Hi,

The Budget Selection window is classified under "Excel-Based Budgeting" in the Field Level Security resource explorer.

Regards,

Philippe.

• Thanks for the info Philippe.  I found the Budget Selection item under Excel-Bassed Budgeting per your suggestion however it does not contain the delete button object.  There is an object labeled (L) btnDelete with an ID of -22004 however disabling that object did not disable the button.

• You are right, it is as if it was missing...

Another solution is to disable the Delete Button with a VBA script.  To do so:

1- Open the Budget Selection window.

2- Press CTRL+F11 to add the window to VB

3- Press SHIFT+F11 to add fields to VB.  Then click on the Delete button to add it to VB. Then press SHIFT+F11 again to stop adding fields.

4- Press ALT+F11 to open the VBA editor and open the BudgetSelection window from the Excel_Based_Budgeting project.

5- The code to disable the button is simple:  Delete.Enabled = False 

• This worked!  Thank you very much for your time and detailed instructions.

• Philippe - You instructions were extremely useful and easy to follow - Thank you.

If I want to remove the 'BudgetSelection(window)' from VB, how would I do that?  I can't seem to be able to delete the item (or any item from VB).

Thanks

Joe