Question Status

Verified
Natarajan SankaraNarayanan asked a question on 26 Apr 2013 2:56 AM

Hi All,

I m unable to write scripts in Dexterity 12 version.  seems to be strange.. can any one over come this???

Thanks,

Nataraj S

Regards

Nataraj S

Verified Answer
Naga Siva Kiran Meesaraganda responded on 27 May 2014 5:47 AM

Natarajan,

I used to get this problem in earlier versions of Dexterity 12.0, where I couldn't type anything on Dex's script editor but could type on a windows text file (just to be sure its not problem with the keyboard). After installing latest Dexterity that came with GP2013 SP2, this issue didn't occur to me.

*Please mark this post as 'Answered' if it solved your issue. This will help other users with similar issue*

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

Verified Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 May 2014 6:14 AM

Nataraj,

Naga is correct. I have seen this earlier and resolved it after installing the dexterity version comes with GP2013 SP2. I think something is wrong/missing in dexterity version of GP2013 SP1.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

Ian Grieve responded on 26 Apr 2013 3:15 AM

I've done some Dexterity recently on v12 and not had any issues. What is the error/problem you have encountered?

Author of azurecurve|Ramblings of a Dynamics GP Consultant
Senior Consultant at Perfect Image Ltd

Perfect Image/ Dynamics GP
Tel: +44 (0) 843 289 2656
1 Kings Manor, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6PA, United Kingdom

Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 26 Apr 2013 3:35 AM

some times i m unable to write scripts in dexterity 12 version.. entering word in script remains unchanged..

Regards

Nataraj S

Leslie Vail responded on 26 Apr 2013 11:40 PM

Hi guys,

I have not had any problems with scripts in Dex 12, can you give us a more specific example?

Kind regards,

Leslie

Leslie Vail, CPA, MVP, MCT, MCITP, MCP, MCITS
ASCI, Inc.    *    PO Box 600965   *   Dallas, TX 75360    *   972-814-8550   *   leslievail@earthlink.net

Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 2 May 2013 10:53 PM

Hi All

This issue mainly occurs when the scripts are typed and go to test mode to test the process and if there's any modification while i get back to the source i'm unable to edit the script/copy the script in Dexterity 12. i can edit when closing and open again to edit the source working dic.

Regards

Nataraj S

Natarajan SankaraNarayanan responded on 27 May 2014 5:22 AM

any update regarding this?

Regards

Nataraj S

Verified Answer
Naga Siva Kiran Meesaraganda responded on 27 May 2014 5:47 AM

Natarajan,

I used to get this problem in earlier versions of Dexterity 12.0, where I couldn't type anything on Dex's script editor but could type on a windows text file (just to be sure its not problem with the keyboard). After installing latest Dexterity that came with GP2013 SP2, this issue didn't occur to me.

*Please mark this post as 'Answered' if it solved your issue. This will help other users with similar issue*

Naga M. Siva Kiran, SE-III, email:mnskiran@outlook.com

Verified Answer
Somakarpagamoorthy Kanagasabapathy responded on 27 May 2014 6:14 AM

Nataraj,

Naga is correct. I have seen this earlier and resolved it after installing the dexterity version comes with GP2013 SP2. I think something is wrong/missing in dexterity version of GP2013 SP1.

Hope this helps!!!

Note: Please mark it as verified, if this answer your question. Because this will helps to some others who experience the same.

Best Regards,

Somakarpagamoorthy K | GP Techno-Functional Consultant | Dynamics Thoughts

maryh responded on 27 May 2014 4:16 PM

Need more detail.  I have no problem with Dexterity 12.