GP 2010 Ctree Error

This question is not answered

Client calls this morning and gets this error message when going to Cards->Sales->Customer

Serious c-tree error, status code 237, application will terminate. User gets kicks out of GP. I have cleared all tnt files, rebooted, reinstalled GP 2010 and the problem remains. She can go anywhere else in GP with no problem. She can go to another computer and have no problem and no one else is experiencing this issue.

I am out of ideas. Anyone have any suggestions?

Richard E. Wheeler 2013 and 2014 MVP

Member Microsoft Academic Alliance

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

All Replies
  • do u have any customization on Customer Screen?

• Wow....C-Tree is long gone.  Someone did not update an error message.  As far as I know, C-Tree might still be used to display dictionary listings in the Resource Descriptions but I won't swear to that.

Is she trying to pull up a particular customer?

Can she open a Smartlist of Customers, pick one, and open the Customer Maintenance window from there?

Are there any third party products loaded at the site?

Are there any Extender windows associated with Customers?

If it is specific to her computer...are their any differences in the SET file?

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

• Plain jane installation. No customizations or Extender. She had been using the same machine for the past year. As a test, I had her log into this computer as a different user, Windows created her new profile and she can get to the Customer Maintenance screen. However, when she goes to Transactions->Sales->Sales Transaction Entry the Window Installer screen pops up and it sits there forever. This computer has since been thrown out the window! It had WXP on it anyway. I told them to replace it with W7.

www.rbsolutions.com Revered Business Solutions Ballston Lake, NY  518-877-0763 x10

• So here is an idea for trouble shooting.  

Ctree files still do exist as part of temp files.   Sometimes virus scanners don't like them.   Turn off the virus scanner and try things out.  

Not saying this will fix things, just one thing to rule out or point you in the right direction.

Warren

• It may be academic at this point but another thing that came to mind are report dictionaries.  Are they local?  If so, perhaps one is corrupt.

Richard L. Whaley Author, Publisher, Consultant

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

Enhancing your Dynamics Knowledge!

• They all share the same report dictionaries and she is the only one with this problem and I had done a fresh installtion of GP. The only anti-virus software they run is Microsoft Security Essentials.

• hi Richard

Some of the files referenced here are still in use.  They may be the culprit

support.microsoft.com/.../865068

• Excellent Ian. Thank you. I had spelled ctree this way as opposed to c-tree. Perhaps that is why when I searched this KB did not appear.