User Home page

This question is answered

am trying to reset a user as she added several items to her home page and now her profile takes 15 minutes to load.

I tried deleting and recreating...but the problem persists.

I hid her home page...but she wants to use it.

Any tips on how to completely delete the user and or reset he home page??

Thanks Tami

Verified Answer
  • Tami,

With the user logged out you could turn on the Home Page with SQL. Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

UPDATE SY08000 SET DISPHP=1 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

Then you could deactivate Content Panes. Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

UPDATE SY08100 SET Visible=0 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

Then you could turn on the Content Panes 1 at a Time to figure out which one it is.

UPDATE SY08100 SET Visible=1 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>' AND SectionID=(see table below)

1=To Do

2=My Reports

3=Microsoft Outlook

4=Quick Links

5=Connect

6=Metrics

As an example, If it was QuickLinks....

Are you able to run this SQL Query? Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

SELECT * FROM SY08140 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

This would show you all the Quick Links.  Temporarily remove them from the user assuming no user called TEMP.

UPDATE SY08140 SET USERID='TEMP' WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

See if the user can get in now.  You should be able to reactivate the links one at a time if necessary, to discover the offender.

Tim

All Replies
  • Tami,

With the user logged out you could turn on the Home Page with SQL. Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

UPDATE SY08000 SET DISPHP=1 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

Then you could deactivate Content Panes. Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

UPDATE SY08100 SET Visible=0 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

Then you could turn on the Content Panes 1 at a Time to figure out which one it is.

UPDATE SY08100 SET Visible=1 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>' AND SectionID=(see table below)

1=To Do

2=My Reports

3=Microsoft Outlook

4=Quick Links

5=Connect

6=Metrics

As an example, If it was QuickLinks....

Are you able to run this SQL Query? Substitute your user for <userwithmessedHP>

SELECT * FROM SY08140 WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

This would show you all the Quick Links.  Temporarily remove them from the user assuming no user called TEMP.

UPDATE SY08140 SET USERID='TEMP' WHERE USERID='<userwithmessedHP>'

See if the user can get in now.  You should be able to reactivate the links one at a time if necessary, to discover the offender.

Tim

• Yes TIM is correct, For your additional reference i mentioned the below link

congruentdynamics.blogspot.in/.../how-to-disable-homepage-features-in.html

Thanks,

Dynamics Guru

• Your link doesnt work...but nice site!